Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Coloureds!

Discussion in 'Horse Photo Galleries' started by Mags4eva, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Mags4eva

Mags4eva PetForums Junior

I love my piebald mare Magpie but lots of my friends just think shes a nag coz of her colouring! Would love to see more people appreciating them!
    I would post a pic of Mags up but not sure how 2 attach it so soz! But u can check out my album 2 c her! Xx

2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Oh i'd love to see some pictures.To upload them onto a post, when you reply you will see a paper clip looking symbol click on that and upload.:D:D

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Many years ago I worked at a riding school . When I left I was given an old coloured pony to retire him. He had worked at the riding school since he was a 5year old and was thought to be about 36 years old. Ringo was 13hh and would lunge with out a lunge rein. He had a heart attack at 42 years old and died.

A few years after my husband bought for rme a 2year old skewbald gelding he was supposed to be 15.2hh but was way bigger than my old mare who was 15.2 he was more like 16.2. I lunged him put a saddle on him did everything other than actually get on him and no one at any of the local stables would back him for me. I only had a field with no schooling area to ride him. I eventually sold him he was 17.2 and rising 5 and still growing. He was just to big for me he was airish draught x thoroubred or that was what they told my OH he was a true middle weight a gentle giant but was just too much for me.

Unfortuantely I have no photos of him I do have some o Ringo somewere but they are old photos and I don't have a scanner.

5. Mags4eva

Rite finally got them up! Thanx 4 ur help! Heres a lil info on her
    Name: Magpie
    Height: 14.3hh
    I've had such a gd yr wiv her. Her owner purchused her from a large stables where she was a racing trotter until she kicked someone and was sold on at the age of 4. Her owner had her since then but hadn't really done much other than a bit of schooling but mainly hacking. I started share loaning her last year and since then she's flourished. I've spent most of the year teaching her to canter as she basically hadn't ever been taught 2 before. She's never jumped over 1.4ft and 2 months ago she cleared just under 3ft so i am so proud of her! Last week we went 2 both our first ever show and we came 1st in Young Handler and Coloured. Words can not describe how much i love her so much and yes she has her moody mare moments but thats wot makes her her so i love u mags!

Attached Files:

6. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

She's lovley. Well done for putting in all that work with her, you must have a great partnership now :)
    I ride a lovely skewbald cob at my local stables. She's great with the kids (my 9 year old grandaughter rides her) but still fun when you take her out on a hack. It's a very small stables and the horses are all great, not the usual follow-my-leader riding school horses :)

7. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

She looks gorgeous.
    Coloured horses get bad press as the travellers have a lot but I think some of them are crackers and your girl looks like one of them:D

8. Tamsin

Tamsin PetForums Junior

I have attached a picture of my beautiful girl gypsy - selling her was the hardest thing i have ever done!

Attached Files:

9. Mags4eva

Gypsy looks gourgeous! A woman at our yard took her tricoloured to a jumping class the other weekend and he was a little superstar he tried his best and got to the jumpoff. But when he went in to the ring to do his last round he knocked the last fence and got a penalty but she still came 4th. But the saddest part was as she left the ring a group of girls at the side standing with their preened show horses were saying how they were shocked to see a coloured even turn up never mind even trying to jump seeing as they were "cheap gypsy horses". I realli felt like goin up 2 them and.......... EEEEgggghhh so annoyed! But yeh glad 2 c people appreciating lovely coloureds!!!!!!! XxXxXxXxXxXx

10. Yourgifts Ourgifts

Yourgifts Ourgifts PetForums VIP

Think her colours and marking are stunning..;)

11. staceydawlz

staceydawlz PetForums VIP

shes stunnin!!!!

12. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

I brought a mare for my daughter last November, she turned out to be in Foal. On 21st April Pixie was born :p She was born Palamino and white....has since been changing to a darker chocolate palamino and white. I have no idea wh the father was, I am assuming he was a coloured because of her colour. Mum is 12.2 welsh, buckskin. Pixie is already standing at 12hh at 2 months old :eek:. She is a right madam:rolleyes:, but I woudnt be without her.........and she is my reason for loving coloureds!!!:D

13. Mags4eva

Thanks 4 ur kind comments! She's so beautiful in my eyes and is everything 2 me! I'd love 2 of seen some pics of Mags when she was a foal- bet she was the gangly. couldn't walk in a straight line but then i suppose most horses are like that!

14. Mags4eva

Just found some more pics of her so wanted 2 share! None of my m8's understand my needs 2 be around horses so it's gd 2 find some people who don't mind lookin at my Mags! Xx

Attached Files:

15. shortbackandsides

shortbackandsides PetForums VIP

gorgeous horse i love coloureds,since giving up on hotheaded nutters it was a choice between a good old coloured cob,or a hafflinger,i decided on the haflinger:D
    coloured cobs are very popular now and are selling for vast amounts of money:)

16. JSR

JSR PetForums VIP

This is Indy the coloured filly I used to share with a friend. I unfortunately couldn't afford to keep her and the friend now has her full time. Luckily she's not grown heavy weight enough for me so I'm quiet glad that my friend decided to keep her so at least I know where she is and she has a home for life and didn't have to sell her as she got older.

She's now just been backed and is doing very well, although those back legs are something to be nervous of as she likes to kick her heels up at random times!!!:eek:

[​IMG]

Here she is at 2 saying hello to my beautiful boy, who is still with me and will be with me til the day I die.

[​IMG]

17. Mags4eva

Indy looks so sweet! Thanks 4 sharing! Its gd that u no where she's bein kept as well coz once you've sold a horse on it could end up anywhere in any body's hands! But its nice to know Indy's got a good home even if she is a bit playful espeically round her back legs lol she is very pretty! Xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice