Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Colitis

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by McKenzie, Apr 16, 2011.

1. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Kenzie's been suffering from colitis on and off for the past week. She's never had it before, so I've just got a few quick questions for those of you in the know...

Is colitis always food related, or could something else be causing it?

Is it important that I get her to a vet soon, or can I spend a few days trying to eliminate food and find the cause?

She's been on her current food for around 6 weeks - could this food be the problem even though she's been fine until now, or is it more likely to be her treats or something else?

Thanks. She is completely happy in herself and has no other signs of illness :)

2. Nope! t'is not always food related, it is AI related, innoculations can trigger this! amongst a host of other things, stress being one I believe! but that said think a high precentage in due to food - What areyou feeding?
    DT

3. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

She's on Ziwipeak and NatureDiet. When she first had it last week I thought it was because I gave her a new flavour of the NatureDiet (Rabbit and Turkey) because it cleared up when I stopped feeding that. Then I thought it was due to a pigs ear I gave her. But she had it again today and all I gave her yesterday was her food, some puréed fruit, cheese, garlic sausage and a few commercial training treats. All of which she has been eating for months with no problem, with the exception of the garlic sausage which she had for the first time a few days ago. So I guess it could be that, but I don't feed very much (just tiny bits for training).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice