Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Colds

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Gav/Marley, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Gav/Marley

Gav/Marley PetForums Newbie

Can Dogs get colds?
    My boy has been house bound for a few months now through to surgery, but in the last few days he has been sniffing alot, like how we (humans) clear our nostrils when bunged up. It has also been noticed that he has a dripping nose, IE snot as he cant wipe it like we do. He is over due flea and worm treatment, but surely this cant be the issue, and should I be concerned. And before people ask I will consult my vet if it continues but I thought I would ask here just in case others have experienced this. TIA

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Dogs can get upper respiratory infections, which are similar to the human cold.

I would get him checked out by a vet as he might need antibiotics to get over it.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  3. Gav/Marley

Gav/Marley PetForums Newbie

Thanks Mac (Mc) , I will get him in on the safe side. Nice pic by the way, love Westies so does Marely lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice