Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cockers and stubborness

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haeveymolly, May 29, 2010.

1. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

I have actually read that cockers can be really stubborn and i know all dogs can show signs of this from time to time, but i mean REAL stubborness as a breed trait. Charlie is unbelievable, he is quite a well trained dog so ime not mistaking it with not being trained properly, we have said he is the most stubborn dog we have ever met, absolutely gorgeous but neverthless. . . . . . STUBBORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Seems to be a trait with scent hounds/spaniels. They always think they know better then you!!:)

3. corrine3

corrine3 PetForums VIP

Haha, saw the title of the thread and thought YIP! We have one of those :rolleyes: a nightmare isnt it?!! Just when I think we're getting somewhere with recall he'll get a scent and comes when he's ready, what a wee bugger he is!

4. mum2three

mum2three PetForums Junior

GSP's are known for determination too, must be a general gundog thing.

5. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

Nah, Labs are a push over :lol:

6. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

if you look up stubborn in the dictionary you'll actually see a picture of a malamute :D

7. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

springers are no way near as stubborn in fact non of mine have been. Charlie is not so stubborn as in training just in general for example we drove to a country park last week on our way to a car he saw a dead mouse was just about to pick it up wne i shouted "leave it" immediately he left it so praise "good boy" i opened the car boot the others got in not charlie he stood on the spot didnt move wouldnt look at us just stared at the floor so "come on charlie in" he still stood just like a pot dog and stared at the floor so with a bit more authority "charlie in" so he knew i meant it then so jumped up front legs into the boot and that was all its like ime comforming bacause i know i have to but ime not conforming without doing it in my own time.:lol:

Then this morning i put down his breakfast as my husband walked into the downstairs toilet charlie went to walk after him so "charlie no breakfast time" as i have to stand there till he's eaten it as the other 2 would get it if not, so he knew not to follow him and he didnt but just stood still, looking anywhere but in the kitchen where i was stood waited till he had come out and then walked into the kitchen then ate his breakfast.:rolleyes: god thats stubborn, thats the sort of thing he does doesnt disobey me but doesnt actually do what ime wanting him to do instead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice