Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cockatiel Behaviour...

Discussion in 'Bird Chat' started by Mitchell Randell, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Mitchell Randell

Mitchell Randell PetForums Newbie

Recently I was given a cockatiel due to the prior owners not having enough time to look after him. I wasn’t given a specific age, but I was told he was quite old.

My question is about his behaviour. He seems very aggressive when I try to touch him. If I persist with touching and handling, will he ever calm down and trust me?

Thanks,
    Mitch

Attached Files:

2. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

How recent is recent? He might just need time to get used to his new home and realise he’s safe! Especially if he was in his old home for a while

3. Mitchell Randell

Mitchell Randell PetForums Newbie

I've had him for a month or two now. How long roughly would you say I'd need to let him adjust?

4. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

It depends on the individual really but it could take months to settle completely. Do you offer food or treats by hand? Then he can see you coming towards him as a good thing?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice