UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im just looking for a little help with my pet cockatiel smokey, This may sound rather far fetched however we found her in the wild basicly here in england, now we reported this to the police and the local newspaper and such but no word this was about a year ago. So we have taken her on as our own unless someone gets in touch with us.

However lately at around 9:30am every morning she has been screaming with all her might and its a very painful and horrible noise, it is also at such a high pitch that it upsets my dog. Now im just looking for any reason that she might be doing this. She gets plenty of exercise and is given fresh food and water every night before bed. Also if anyone would maybe have a way to train her from stopping this would also be appreciated

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I would think she is trying to attract a mate, not a lot you can do about it.
Yep it's that time of the year again. This is the noisy season and there's probably very little you can do about it.
I not sure how many Cockatiels get loose each year, but it must be great deal of them. It's a common occurrence. The interseting thing about them when they do get loose it's very rare they hang about too long. They usually disappear very quickly never to be seen by their owners again. Unlike other parakeets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.