Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Coccidia in Four Year Old Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Tams, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Tams

Tams PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone,
    I was hoping if someone could give me insight on a situation I am having. My four year old Australian Shepard/ Dashchund mix has been diagnosed with coccidia after a month of bloody and mucous stools. They gave him Albon for 12 days, and it still has not cleared up. I have been wiping everything down with bleach, but when they examined the fecal matter today they found out that he had the same amount as 12 days ago! So basically no improvement! I have spent over $2000 in the last month in vet visits. He is now on his third round of Albon. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this has happened to their dog and if there are any tips and tricks that I should know about. Also, I know there are other medications like Baycox and Ponazuril but my vet is saying that Albon is the only medication. I am so stressed, depressed, and at wits end. Please, some one help me help my poor dog!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice