Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Coats for cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by bevstretton, Jun 3, 2010.

1. bevstretton

bevstretton PetForums Member

Hi does anyone know where l can purchase a coat for a cornish rex, she does feel the cold in the winter and this yr l want to be prepared, alot of even tiny dog coats are too big, thanks for your help guys

2. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Try doggiestylestore.com. Very cheap, decently made and small enuf to fit a 4Ib Chihuahua puppy so should fit most cats. (my friend buys alot of stuff for her Sphynx cats too!):)
    Oh, and watch where you put any spaces when typing it in coz you get some scary results back!BOL:lol:

3. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Looks really comfy. My friends cat is now banned from her heated bed coz it cased a skin reaction which she licked raw.:( Also a Cornish Rex cat so hopefully its not a trait of the breed.

5. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Oh no! That's awful. I will test drive this contraption first to make sure that the straw-filled pad doesn't get too hot. Looks comfy though, right?

Millie loves hot water bottles in the winter - not just for the warmth but also for the wobble she can have on it. She would love a waterbed but not with those claws - oh no!

6. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

I have a cornish myself but she is an indoor cat. She lurves her radiator beds, but ive never thought of putting a coat on her! She would be out of it in seconds of that i am pretty sure! It would ruin her "queen of the house" style! ;)

7. memmarmite

memmarmite PetForums Member

Can you knit? I'm happy to send you a pattern. If not send me some measurements and I'm happy to sling one together for you!

8. caleyg

caleyg PetForums Newbie

We bought a jacket for our cat after she had had spay surgery, as an alternative to an e-collar. It is a cotton jacket and a bit like a baby grow. The website is;
    Dermapetwear

9. bevstretton

bevstretton PetForums Member

Thank you all so much for your help l will have a look at the web sites
    Tabatha is an indoor cat, we have solid fuel central heating, which can take hours to warm up, when it does she lays on her blanket on a rad in the lounge, she really is too posh for her own good at times, do not know whether she will wear a jacket or not for long, but if it keeps her warm until the heating comes on, its worth a try!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice