Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cloud cuckoo land labour

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Goblin, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Labour's compulsory jobs guarantee: Can labour really ensure there is a paid job for every young person out of work for over 12 months and every adult unemployed for more than two years?

How on earth could this be implemented? If the jobs are there why aren't people finding them now?

In my opinion it's one more example of labour promising the earth just to be reelected and there are gullible people who are going to fall for it.

2. tillysdream

tillysdream Banned

At least Labour will try... unlike the Tories who are making Jobseekers work for nothing! Modern day SLAVES!

3. tinktinktinkerbell

Why not?

If the jobs are there for them to work for their dole money why not pay them min wage? Clearly the jobs are there if they can find something for them to do for their dole!

It's just that they want to pay them below minimum wage, Tories are just itching to scrap min wage but they know they would never get away with that!

I heard this morning they are going to employ them to cook for the elderly, therefore taking away employment from cooks

#3 tinktinktinkerbell, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  4. tillysdream

tillysdream Banned

Well said Tinks! I totally agree, as was discussed on CB's thread over the past couple of days!

5. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

They are getting benefits aren't they? Is it too much to ask for something in return. Take something for nothing attitude "as it's my right" is surely an indication something is wrong in society.

6. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

& the badger murdering, Climate change denying, fracking loving, greenbelt destroying, bee killing, GM promoting Tories promised to be the "Greenest Government Ever" :eek:. Promised the NHS was safe in their hands plus a myriad of other broken promises .

Well this lot are sick of their lies >>

[​IMG]

7. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

If you are going to offer "jobs" rather than work they need to be proper jobs integrating people back into the working environment, not make work simply jobs on minimum wage. Effort needs to spent not on "promises" like this to buy votes but ensuring jobs are available such as building the environment for company investment, the starting of new business etc. I'd love to say bringing back things like apprenticeships. Of course, unlike most housekeepers who know you can't spend more than you earn, labour doesn't work like that.

Isn't it funny. Topic isn't about the Conservatives, original post never mentioned them once. Shame people can't look at policies themselves and judge them on merit. No wonder politicians of all sides find life so easy. People don't look at practicalities, simply party.

#7 Goblin, Sep 30, 2013
  8. grumpy goby

grumpy goby Grumpy wench.

But there is clearly "work" available - they just want to bypass minimum wage payments by dressing it up as "work for beneifts" - @ less than £2 an hour for 30hrs which is required. Why not offer the unemployed these jobs rather than force them to work for less than what is deemed appropriate wage...

9. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Main problem I have is I don't agree the "work" is available as "employment". I make the distinction. I think the current government is going to end up implementing "make work" which will not help those involved gain any sense of achievement or develop any contacts to help them long term. It will not do anything to reintegrate them into the workforce. All it is, is a method to stop those claiming who are "not available" for work.

Although I support the need to have long term unemployed prove their willingness to work and it would be great if you could place them into employment, both parties are simply doing window dressing. Of course labour policy would also allow them to strike however many off the unemployment figures as they are actually "working" for money but actual "jobs" are not available. If you want to look at party policies, especially one desparate to "get in" surely you need not simply accept the minimum which will not work but recognise and acknowledge what actually needs to be done and push them to have practical, workable solutions in the pipeline without plunging the country into additional, avoidable debt.

Then again UK voting isn't about practicalities and which party will actually succeed in doing things, it's about voting out whichever party is currently in when it's disliked enough.

#9 Goblin, Sep 30, 2013
  10. Colliebarmy

Colliebarmy PetForums VIP

actually i heard today that the plan is for claimants to have to work for benefits after 2 years on the dole OR sign on daily......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice