Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Clippers

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by mr.stitches, Aug 11, 2009.

1. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Hi All

Pippin is groomed regularly but in between the visits her face can get a bit hairy.

We dont like to use scissors as theyre a bit sharp near her eyes - and were not professionals! So I wondered if there were any good clippers, just to use round Pippins face.

Thanks

2. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Hi my hubby uses wahl clippers on our 2 poodles inbetween going to the groomers.But i think oyster are the better ones.:D:D

3. mr.stitches

Thanks...

Did your hubby learn by practising? Were a bit scared of doing it wrong or hurting her!

4. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

We have so many bits and bobs here for shaving :rolleyes: As the puffs faces need shaving as well as some of the hairy hairless!...

But i would recommend the "Osters A5 golden two speed"! They are brilliant we have had ours since crufts 07 and there defentily the best i have used!

5. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

We used to use some small battery powered ones for cats at the vets, and would be ideal for facial clipping. Cant find them online right now.

6. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Yes he was a novice lol but he practiced. they won't let me do it though.poodles are'nt as silly as some ppl think.pmsl;):D:D

7. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Yes I've got some Wahl clippers too that I got from Argos and they are okay but the clipper guard flew off once and it took a chunk of hair out of his back and he had to wear his coat for a few weeks when he went out after that - fortunately it was winter.:blushing: I leave it to the professionals now. :laugh:

8. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

haha thats the same as all of ours that need clipping..they wont let mum do it but will stand there good as gold why i do it...Mum is a push over and they know it lmfao.:rolleyes: :D

9. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

haha i can't even be in the same room when he does them,if i am they play up something terrible.:D:D

10. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I clipped one of my guinea pigs without the guard once :eek:

Poor little guy ended up looking like a hairless.

11. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

omg!! you defo have our dogs! :rolleyes: mum just has to walk in and they start jumping all over the place! :rolleyes: she cant even look at them haha

12. mr.stitches

Glad im not the only one that has trouble grooming at home!

There is defo something going on with dogs and their mums though, as Pip is much better when Dad tries to do something!

13. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Guest

Bet he was a gorgeous naked butt then! :D :D

14. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

He's due for another clip. Sodding long haired guinea pigs.

I was quite cute when it started to grow back.

15. vidanueva

vidanueva PetForums Newbie

Hello!
    I just bought a new Oster Pilot Clipper for my dog...but I do not find any comb for longer cuts that fit it ... Maybe you know if I can adjust the blades for longer cuts...or any brand that fit this blade...
    Thanks a lot!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice