Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Clicking

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, May 23, 2010.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

I was trimming Bella's paws yesterday, as she isn't due a full clip yet, but I wanted to neaten up the paws. I noticed her left back leg clicks comewhere in the hock area when I manipulate it by hand. She seems perfectly sound, and showed no signs of discomfort when I was holding her paw. There is no inflammation in the area either. Does this merit a vet visit, or just wait and see for a while?

2. rona

rona Guest

I think you have to decide this. I would assume that there may be a joint issue but it isn't serious yet (and may never be).
    I would start her on supplements, and chat to the vet next time you are there.

3. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

4. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

My previous boy had luxating patella's in both his legs so I know it's not that (at least I think I know as this is very different, and lower down in the leg).

Rona, I think I will start her on glucosamine and chondroitin supplements:) Will get some next time we go to the vets,a nd ask him to check her leg as well.

5. tashi

tashi PetForums VIP

perhaps he had it to a greater degree :confused: some are really bad with it and some just have the click when you lift the leg, some 'knuckle' over on them looking as if the joint is back to front so to speak.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice