UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am asking this not for me as my dogs all have raw bones and have beautiful clean teeth but for a friend.

She has on several occasions tried one of her dogs on raw meat and bones every time it results in the dog being seriously ill. The vet has advised her not to feed her raw meat again but her teeth are dirty.

I know there is something you can add to a dogs water/food to help to clean their teeth but can't for the life of me remember what it is called.

I'm sure one of you will know what it is or if there is anything else she can give the dog to help with keeping her teeth clean. I have suggested a raw carrot as an alternative to a bone.

My friend feed raw to her other dogs its just this one who seems not to be able to tolerate it. The last time it occured tests showed she had salmonella.

·
Vassal to Lilly and Ludo
33,764 Posts
I use Plague off along side occasional raw chicken legs/wings -so I can't 100% say all the results were due to the Plaque off but I would still recomend it :)

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats the one I couldn't think what it was called.

She can't have raw chicken wings she can't tollerate any sort of raw meat.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Fortan Dental Care: Dog Tooth Care Products at zooplus

I use Fortan in conjunction with a dental scraper (toothbrushes are useless), you can get dental scrapers from Boots.

I also supplement my babies with raw bones, but the Fortan and dental scraper do so well.

Put some Fortan on, leave for a few minutes/rub with finger into the plaque and especially on the edge, then go in with the scraper, massive lumps come off, or even that light yellow colour they start to get peels off with just the finger rubbing, the scraper keeps it away for ages though.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I give Tilly raw chicken wings, carrots (which also help digestion apparently) & stag bars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.