Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cleaning Question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lisa0307, May 21, 2017.

1. lisa0307

lisa0307 PetForums VIP

Does anyone know the best way to remove a dirty tide mark from a white plastic bath?
    Have tried various cleaners from the supermarkets but nothing is shifting it.
    I realise with it being a plastic bath there are limitations with what I can use but I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions or ideas.
    Thanks x

2. Vanessa131

Vanessa131 PetForums VIP

Has the plastic been scratched from repeated scrubbing?

3. lisa0307

lisa0307 PetForums VIP

No it's a really clean shiny bath apart from the tide mark. My friend rented out his flat and now the tenants have gone he's tidying the place up for the next ones but the bath looks horrible with this tide mark x

4. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0

That will not only remove the marks but will leave a beautiful glossy finish behind too.

ETA: Meguiar's PlastX is actually designed for plastic and so might be easier to use. I have tried that one though.

#4 Satori, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    lisa0307 and Elles like this.
  5. Elles

Elles PetForums VIP

The foam cleaners in the aerosols seem pretty good if she hasn't tried any of those. Cover the bath in the foam, leave it for a bit, then wash and sponge it off, if she's sure it's not scratched.

lisa0307 likes this.
  6. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

For a very mild abrasive you could try smokers toothpaste.Other than that one of those magic sponges (white) Sorry don't know the trade name. They work a treat on glass. They are actually made from insulation material.

lisa0307 likes this.
  7. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums Senior

I use a magic sponge for most tricky cleaning, add some fairy liquid for greasy marks, or appropriate other cleaning product for other types.

lisa0307 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice