Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Clean her face

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by LindaGrace46, Jun 26, 2020.

1. LindaGrace46

LindaGrace46 PetForums Newbie

My cat won’t let me clean her face. She has dried blood on it which the vet advised me to clean. Any advice?

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I imagine it is very sore and that's why she doesn't want you touching it. Has vet given you any pain relief for her to have at home?

Have you taken away the mat she was rubbing her nose on?

Can you post a close up photo of the wound? It is difficult to advise properly without seeing it.

If it is a small wound then I'd advise buying Leucillin antiseptic spray from Pets at Home, spraying it on clean cotton wool and very gently dabbing the wound to soften the blood. You may need to to do this several times over the course of a day to get the blood off. Most cats do not mind have Leucillin used on them as there is very little odour to it and it does not sting.

p.s. do not use any antiseptic intended for human use.

LindaGrace46 likes this.
  3. LindaGrace46

Posting a picture. Even before this she does not like getting held or touching her on the face. The vet told me to clean it and give it a few days. She is neither up or down with it, eating drinking as normal and her stools are normal.

4. LindaGrace46

Attached Files:

5. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

She is a very pretty cat isn't she! [I love her beautiful big ears!} but I can't see the wound clearly, even when I enlarge the photo. You would need to take a close up of her nose and mouth.

From what I can tell it is a small wound? I would get some Leucillin tomorrow and see if you can use that on her as I said earlier.

If you can't then you'll need to take her to the vet and let them bathe her wound.

#5 chillminx, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    LindaGrace46 likes this.
  6. LindaGrace46

I will try another picture later on today. I will look in to getting Leucillin.

thank you

chillminx likes this.
  7. LindaGrace46

Better picture

Attached Files:

8. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I'm really sorry, I still can't see anything amiss even when I enlarge the photo. It would really need to be a close up photo of just her nose and mouth area.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice