Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Claws how strong

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Cookieandme, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

Preamble - Cookie wasn't best pleased with me last night I had a new fridge freezer delivered at the weekend (keep all their food in) so last night someone came from my freecycle ad to collect my old (3 years old) under the counter fridge, I pulled it out to check behind and Cookie being Cookie went to investigate, and not knowing she was there I pushed the fridge back, trapping her head :eek:

Anyway they were outside and it was going a little dark and I had to go and pick her up to bring her in, only she thought it a good idea to keep running off.

I turned round and April had chased a daddylonglegs and was hanging my her front claws from the onverhang on the netting.

I got hold of her supporting the weight and lifted her down - question is are their claws strong enough to support their weight ? I don't want her pulling them out :eek:

2. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

I think they would break rather than her pulling them out, but I am not absolutely sure....
    Better make sure it doesn't happen. Even if she doesn't hurt her claws, she may hurt herself in other ways while struggling to get free....

3. londongal796

londongal796 PetForums Senior

I have to admit, sometimes Byron seems to get caught on the curtains or on his tall scratching pole a little higher than he can properly reach, and seems to need a helping hand to get 'unhooked'. However, that being said, I imagine that he must get caught more often than just when I'm around and can notice it. And in those situations he must be able to unhook himself someway or another... so I imagine they can untangle themselves somehow, but when mum or dad is there to help out they just need to look at you pathetically and of course you'll come to their rescue ;)

Just my thoughts anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice