Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Claiming back tax

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper

Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper PetForums Member

I need to try and reclaim my tax and also my allowance - I have paid emergency tax for the last 5 years...

I can't remember the exact dates of employments - will they be able to look up what months i was paid where?

I have always earnt more than the tax allowance, so does anyone have a random idea how much i will get? Would it be roughly 7,000 per year?

if so i am going to go and test drive a new audi a3 convertible!:tongue_smilie:

but realistically these things never happen to me!

2. foxxy cleopatra

foxxy cleopatra PetForums VIP

i had the same thing and i got back LOADS! they try and make you not phone, but its too complicated otherwise! i phoned then they sorted it and got a cheque :D you'll be on hold for ages though, be warned!

3. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

I was on emergency tax for about 3 yrs.....got about £5000 I think......

4. Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper

Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper PetForums Member

I can't find all f the p45's/p60's... does this matter. Can they retrace my steps?

5. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

They won't. You'll be expected to buy copies which you can order from your local town hall and they'll charge you for it, takes a while as well. I had to get one of my dad's for student loan purposes.

6. 912142

912142 PetForums VIP

It is possible to get a copy from your employer - alternatively you could make a formal request to the inland revenue for confirmation of tax paid over the last five years - it does take about 2-3 weeks though. Guess you could then use that when completing your tax rebate forms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice