Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

citizens advice

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Doolally, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Doolally

Doolally PetForums Senior

Argh, I desperately need some advice re my ex and my mortgage. My local CAB office says it's open 9:30-14:00 for advice sessions and 13:00 - 15:30 for telephone advice for an introductory interview to then book an advice appointment....I've been phoning for the last hour and it's just ringing and ringing and ringing (definitely got the correct number according to their website), and other local ones are only open in the morning.
    This means i'm not going to be able to get any advice til tuesday now, grrrr.

Don't suppose there's any bored solicitors on here is there?! :lol: :rolleyes:

2. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

well i hope you get some luck with them , i found them pretty useless with a different matter till i got the manager involved as her work force were shite lol .. it was a different department to what you need it for though

3. astraldream

astraldream PetForums Member

I would bite the bullet and take a day off and go for the advice sessions, its what they will advise anyway.
    Get there EARLY as in if it opens at 9 get there at 8.30 so your first in the queue.
    It can take all day sometimes but they are volunteers so be patient but they helped me loads. I had debts coming out of my ears and the bailifs said it was too far down the line and they were taking my house etc.. CAB can get through to certain dept's and have power to stop it sometimes and work out a deal.

4. Doolally

I'm signed off work til later next week anyway so i'll be along first thing tuesday morning, but argh what arses, they say phone to arrange a session give you the times to phone then don't answer the phone and don't even let you leave a message :mad:

5. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

go down anyway , they wont turn u away as such , they may not be able to see you there and then but they should arrange a interview for you ... or if that doesnt work, email them as thats how i managed to get through to them

6. Doolally

i'll be on their doorstep first thing tuesday morning

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice