Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chuffed with that!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by harley bear, Apr 28, 2011.

1. harley bear

harley bear PetForums VIP

Just done my shopping online for the first time and what a saving! I couldnt believe it done enough for 5 days shopping and was much cheaper than i normally pay...if they get the order right and come on time ill be shopping online from now on!

2. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

which supermarket you used?

3. harley bear

Asda ... dont tell me horror stories :eek: I have never done food shopping online before so i dont know what to expect but i did use a credit card because its safer than a bank card.

4. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I always shop on line. Much easier for non drivers!!!, plus I dont have to look like such a saddo trundling my shopping trolley down the High St anymore!!:D

5. harley bear

Ha ha ha i used to do that! PMSL Well my car is in the garage till at least next week and my kids hate any other form of transport so i have no choice. Took me ages to find everything i wanted online tho:eek:

6. Bwy39

Bwy39 PetForums Junior

Well done indeed saving money is always a good idea.

I (as a male person) have a theory about this shopping thing.

When a female visits the supermarket I believe they do not go shopping they go hunting.

Let me explain why and this is in no way meant to be derogatory to the female.

It would appear to me that a woman often looks at supermarket shopping as a day out type of event and seems to enjoy her visit. OK, there are a few who don't I know that.

I see them walk the isles looking at the items on the shelves and loading the trolley as they move from isle to isle.

Most times they do not have a list in hand so they are either working from an amazing memory or they are just hunting to see what they can buy.

As a mere male, I salute the female who shops in supermarkets they never cease to astound me whilst they push a loaded trolley and pacify a child or children at the same time.

I now believe that God made supermarkets just for the ladies - Bless you all. :001_smile:

7. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Good observation :D

However you are forgetting the males that seem to add stuff to the trolley when said female is browsing.
    And how they feign shock/surprise and say " Well how did that beer get in there I wonder?" :D:D

8. Bwy39

Bwy39 PetForums Junior

I can put my hand on my heart and tell you I never never ever add things to my wife's trolley.
    The reason being that I would never dream of going anywhere near a supermarket with her as it can take her two hours, yes TWO hours to get from the trolley park into the store as she meets so many friends. :nono:

9. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I hate supermarket browsers!! I used to go to Tescos with my bessy mate and Ive lost count of the amount of times I got p***ed off waiting for her to window shop for margarine and just left her and went home on my own!!LOL:eek:
    Im strictly a 'rush round with a list' gal! Get in and get out..:D

10. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

I do most of my shopping online now. It's so much easier and much more convenient than trawling round the shops and having to make decisions under pressure of one kind or another.
    I usually use Asda for my food shopping, coz they are cheaper. In almost a year I've only had to phone them a couple of times with problems. Their customer service is good too and any problems are dealt with quickly.
    I'd really be stuck without online shopping as I have no transport and the bus service isn't that good.

11. bigdaddy

bigdaddy PetForums VIP

shopping should be treated a millitary operation get the list straight in right to the said items in trolly to check outs pay bag up and back in the car

sorted

12. Val001

Val001 PetForums Senior

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable buying fresh meat and veg on line as I like to see what I am buying. You could get a piece of beef which is half fat for example and you have paid for it by then.

13. harley bear

Im glad to hear asda are good! Ive been wanting to do it for a long time now but never had the guts but not having my car bk till wednesday i am not doing a full shop with 2 kids and no car:eek:.
    If things are missing from your shop do they deliver them for free or just refund?

I dont do lists i have it all in my head couldnt keep controll of 2 kids while trecking round the shops and holding a list:nono:

I never buy meet from a supermarket unless its chicken or mince so i wont be having that problem

14. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

I absolutely HATE grocery shopping - the crowds, the queues, always forgetting something. Dont like doing it online either as resent paying some of the high delivery charges or them not having stuff in/substituting items for ones I dont like. Wish I could give my list to someone, they go buy it all, bring it back and unpack and put it away for me.

15. Bwy39

Bwy39 PetForums Junior

I charge 15 pence per mile and £10 per hour if you want me to cook it as well then there is an extra charge. To write the list for you I charge £25. :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile:

16. manic rose

manic rose PetForums VIP

you should pitch that to Dragons Den ;)

17. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

we try to do our big shop online from asda now as it works out alot cheaper, and it saves my boyfriend the hell of me walking round not knowing what i want :lol:

just had our delievered today, he even phoned to apologise he was running late

18. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

They put the refund back into you bank account, no problem.
    When you think about what you'd spend on petrol and parking, the delivery charge doesn't sound too bad either!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice