UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont kill me! lol, i hate threads about this subject at this time of year but im interested to know.......

...... how far is everyone into buying their presents? have you got your cards yet? have you written them?

i have bought presents for most of the people i need to, only a few more things to buy and im considering wrapping them all now, including the food for the 3 food hampers, sad i know.
i bough a special pack of cards for my imediate family and best friends and other cards for everyone else, and im sat here looking at them wondering if i should write them out, im tempted because im so bored it would give me something to do.

does this make me a sad person?

·
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it also weird that i hate christmas stuff being in the shops in late august yet i always have a look incase there is anything i could buy someone?

·
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i bought nice ones from cancer research. i only bought them cus i dont normally go into town, i was with my mum and we were looking round the charity shops and i saw them. 10 for £3 and it goes to charity, not bad. they are the 'special' cards for close family. i got everyone else the crads from tescos that come in packs of 30. lol.
ive found the best way to do presents is to buy food hampers. not the expensive ones with just christmas food but food you can use in the year after christmas. lidls is good for food hamoer stuff, the jars of things they do are great. i spent about £25 on loads of stuff for hampers for my mum and dad, my uncle and my brother and his girlfriend.

·
Banned
4,669 Posts
Argh Christmas :mad2:

I don't do presents and I don't do cards unless it's for the mother and the boyfriend. I hate buying stuff for Christmas (mostly because I never have any sodding money) and I hate Christmas card lists, they drive me potty.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Im probably about half way through present buying now.
Iv bought wrapping papers and cards for close family and friends, just need to finish buying pressies and get some more cards for other people, some present stickers and then start wrapping!

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I bought my cards last jan while the sales were on..
Ive got my card list based on sent and received cards from last year..

I know what Im getting for each member of the family.. Some gifts have already been bought and in my mums case they have been delivered (shes in London)..

My christmas tree should arrive tomorrow and Im quite excited about that.

For 30 years Ive always had a real tree, but now I know that real trees are poinsonous for Basil Ive decided not to take the risk and set about buying a fake one..
I wasnt having any old thing though and found a type that look very realistic they are a bit pricey but have a 10 yr guarentee..If it does last 10 years it will work out cheaper than buying a real tree each year so not a bad investment.

Ive already planned my Christmas dinner and the Christmas markets I will be visiting with DD..
I like to have things planned !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I'm making fudge this year for presents. Luckily, I don't have to buy anything except the ingredients - I can use the packaging I bought last year and didn't get around to using. I haven't bought any cards for five years either, I reckon people don't remember getting the same card one year to the next :D Or maybe everyone I know is just far too polite to mention it, either works for me!

·
Super Moderator
18,773 Posts
I bought my cards last jan while the sales were on..
Ive got my card list based on sent and received cards from last year..

I know what Im getting for each member of the family.. Some gifts have already been bought and in my mums case they have been delivered (shes in London)..

My christmas tree should arrive tomorrow and Im quite excited about that.

For 30 years Ive always had a real tree, but now I know that real trees are poinsonous for Basil Ive decided not to take the risk and set about buying a fake one..
I wasnt having any old thing though and found a type that look very realistic they are a bit pricey but have a 10 yr guarentee..If it does last 10 years it will work out cheaper than buying a real tree each year so not a bad investment.

Ive already planned my Christmas dinner and the Christmas markets I will be visiting with DD..
I like to have things planned !
Nice looking tree :D
What markets are you going to? I've promised my mother we'll do one this year *trying to get into the spirit*

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.