Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Christmas shopping

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pointermum, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

So who has made a start already :D

I'm terrible , i've already done all of my daughters and spilled over onto her birthday which is in Jan. She is far too easy to buy for :eek:

I'm just a bit excited , panto, breakfast with santa and a sleigh ride booked . Well DD is only 5 once :thumbup:

2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I've bought a couple of tins of Celebrations so far, that's my sis-in-laws & their families sorted :thumbup1:

3. rona

rona Still missing my boys

I DO NOT DO CHRISTMAS :nonod:

4. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

not a option with a 5 year old :crazy:

TBH i hated it for years as i use to work in a restaurant for 9 years which meant all the horrid big work parties, tonnes of mess and late nights , had to work christmas/boxing day and NYE/NYD :(

5. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

I WOULD LOVE TO NOT DO CHRISTMAS.:thumbup:
    Far too early yet anyway.:glare:

6. LolaBoo

LolaBoo PetForums VIP

Started in january in the sales, but i dont buy much the kids get money and myself and OH have said this yr we arnt getting each other much

7. Mulish

Mulish Just a Little Penguin

I wasn't much of a Christmas fan until I had children and now I love it! I buy stuff throughout the year, when I see something I think someone will like. At the moment my 3 eldest children have about 10 books each because I keep seeing them second hand and thinking, 'ooh, that looks good.' I also got them some warm pjs and slippers in the January sales, better quality than I'd usually buy because they were half price. I do start it all very early :eek:

8. rona

It's easy if there are no kids around. Just stop......................:D

9. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

I have at least 28 people to buy for (i may of forgotten some) , that's just for children in the family under 16, 2 children from best friends and then grandparents, mum's/dad's , stepmum/dad :rolleyes: So i have to make a early start :lol:

10. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

I have christmas eve PJ's ready for the kids bought in the M&S sales :thumbup1: Argos have 3for2 on all toys at the moment and Amazon have responded by taking a 1/3 off a lot of their toys so it's a good time to buy :lol:

Kids do make christmas for me :D

11. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

I need to start but have no money :001_rolleyes:

12. rona

It used to be like that for me. It got ridiculous and the adults decided that we would stop, and as the children have grown it's got less and less until they all became adults too ;)

13. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

I've been making my Christmas cards as they take a while to do.

I buy presents when I see them, so in a way I never stop buying Christmas and Birthday prezzies.

14. Dingle

Dingle PetForums VIP

Not started yet... although I have booked the Polar Express and a table for ten for our Xmas day lunch :D

15. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

Sadly my 'kids', grown up ones, wont let me forget it.:D
    I would like to go to an hotel & have everything done for me.
    We no longer have many 'kids' to buy presents for, all grown up, outside our immediate family. But my kids still love getting presents.

#15 Valanita, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  16. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Derek bought the first of the Christmas goodies on Monday - a tin of Heroes.

I already know what I am getting my mum.

Sis is moving house end of October so can't sort out my nephews pressie until I have their new address to deliver it to.

Dad is always easy to buy for - books & dvd's from Amazon.

Derek & I do a joint pressie each year - the new camera is this years so I only need to buy him his yearly supply of sweeties and some wee bits to open on the day.

That leaves me 3 pressies to sort out for my 2 Bestys and the IWC and something for Sis & BIL.

All sorted!!! :thumbup:

17. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

aww, Im not surprised you are looking forward to it Pointermum! Christmas experienced through a 5 yr olds eyes is just the bestest thing ever!:D
    Personally Im not a fan of xmas (always working) ,or even kids, but I do love seeing how excited they get about Santa coming.:)

18. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

Actually I told a lie. I do have one present, for my pen pal William in Leeds. He said he wanted a statue of Sir Francis Drake & I spotted one on ebay & got my daughter to bid on it for me. This was at the begining of the Spring. It's a white china & coloured full figure of Sir Francis on a plinth, 8 inches high & was not cheap. It's the only present he's getting this year, usually I send him a box of lots of items, small & cheap.

19. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

I have written a novel especially for my loved ones for christmas. I´m doing the final revisión and waitting for Sharonbee to finish the cover so I can send to the printers. The rest of my xmas shopping along with the presents I put for myself on my shoes are patiently waitting in the Amazon shopping cart.

20. chissy 15

chissy 15 PetForums VIP

I used to start xmas shopping about this time when both kids were smaller and get excited about it:) Now their both grown up and my daughter has moved out I can't seem to find the enthusiasm any more :( Maybe if I have grand children one day the excitement will come back :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice