UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
:)
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ideas appreciated. :D Ive not really seen anything that has jumped out at me as a great idea this year. My mum is getting them a large Nintendo DS each, I was thinking about a tablet thingy for the eldest but wont now they are getting DS's.
I must admit im quite liking furbies :D

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Oh my, I didn't know Furbies were back :eek: I remember them the first time round, my daughter was desperate for one and we had right problems finding one for her but we did and she loved it for years. I must admit it was very cute and interactive so I would assume they have even improved on that now.

·
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my, I didn't know Furbies were back :eek: I remember them the first time round, my daughter was desperate for one and we had right problems finding one for her but we did and she loved it for years. I must admit it was very cute and interactive so I would assume they have even improved on that now.
I wanted a furbie but was told I was to old lol, so if the kids have them I can play with them myself

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
:lol: I remember playing with hers. If your daughters are into interactive and cute I would imagine they would love them, just taken a look at the new ones - wouldn't mind one myself :eek: - might have to buy one for my unborn Grand-daughter and look after it for her until she's old enough to appreciate it :lol:

G

·
Also, are they tomboys or girlygirls? One tiny little pres that goes down really well, if they don't already have them, or have used them, are curly drink straws. Cheap pres, Get some fridge/stove/water heater boxes, buy paints, twinkly/shiney material, and make a castle/fairy house to play in. Paint pink or fake stone walls, do windows, portcullis, drawbridge, or paint green outside cave, with jewels on ceiling, etc., send them in with torches.

You can do it with them, or do it for them. I get sad that so much money has to be spent.

·
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They both love crafting things. I think I may go to a craft shop and get some bits. was thinking about trying knitting with the oldest one, or maybe some simple childrens cross stitch

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Dd is 7 and she loves Monster high dolls, make up type sets, anything crafty!

shes like a magpie if its pretty/sparkly/messy she loves it! Oh she also loves funky socks (weirdo! lol!) x

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
My DD is 4 nearly 5 . I've got her , ds games, lelli kelly shoes, sylvanian house with family's and other sylvanian bits, Huggle buddy, Crayola bits, moonsand , Cinderella pumpkin carriage and Cinderella /prince set to go in it and a Furby.

That is to be split between Christmas and her birthday which is just after.

The furby worked out as £35 as i did 3 for two at argos and got a £10 voucher back. So sold one for £40 and then me and my sister kept one each and split the voucher. Sylvanian bits have all been picked up at at least half price throughout the year :eek:

·
7,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My DD is 4 nearly 5 . I've got her , ds games, lelli kelly shoes, sylvanian house with family's and other sylvanian bits, Huggle buddy, Crayola bits, moonsand , Cinderella pumpkin carriage and Cinderella /prince set to go in it and a Furby.

That is to be split between Christmas and her birthday which is just after.

The furby worked out as £35 as i did 3 for two at argos and got a £10 voucher back. So sold one for £40 and then me and my sister kept one each and split the voucher. Sylvanian bits have all been picked up at at least half price throughout the year :eek:
I was looking at sylvanian family stuff as they already have some and I saw a motorbike and side car it looked brilliant lol

Is moon sand any good? does it last long?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
If they're getting a Nintendo DS, maybe you could get something crafty. When I was 6 years old I really got excited for Christmas because I liked the little crafty presents I received and the toys. See if they like crafty things.

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
I am in the same boat. My littlest has ber birthday the week before too so she has an INNOTAB for that.

Mine loves crafting so i thought i might just hit Hobbycraft and get her a whole trunk of stuff. Should keep her busy :) I bought my eldest a really cool sew it yourself monster thingy last year but it was quite complicated and we never finished it.

Moon Sand is pants !! Play dough wins hands down or better still some modelling clay in with the craft stuff ;)

She got lots of Sylvannian last year and she loves it (my Mum and Dad bought her the motorbike, my dads a biker :D )

Bratz seem popular ??

This year i told them both they are getting an orange and a lump of coal because i spent all the Christmas money on a new puppy :eek: :p :D

Any ideas for a 9 year old boy would be great :crazy:

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
I am in the same boat. My littlest has ber birthday the week before too so she has an INNOTAB for that.

Mine loves crafting so i thought i might just hit Hobbycraft and get her a whole trunk of stuff. Should keep her busy :) I bought my eldest a really cool sew it yourself monster thingy last year but it was quite complicated and we never finished it.

Moon Sand is pants !! Play dough wins hands down or better still some modelling clay in with the craft stuff ;)

She got lots of Sylvannian last year and she loves it (my Mum and Dad bought her the motorbike, my dads a biker :D )

Bratz seem popular ?

This year i told them both they are getting an orange and a lump of coal because i spent all the Christmas money on a new puppy :eek: :p :D

Any ideas for a 9 year old boy would be great :crazy:
My son had gone into the star wars Lego craze by 9, he must have at least £500 worth of it, across a few birthdays and christmas' . Now he wants to sell it all and buy Games workshop war hammer stuff :rolleyes:: :cryin:

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
moondough gets everywhere!!!! playdough is much better and not as messy.

My 8.5yr old has science type stuff as he loves learning about those things, a huge nerf gun, books, ps3 game or two, not sure what else lol

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
My son had gone into the star wars Lego craze by 9, he must have at least £500 worth of it, across a few birthdays and christmas' . Now he wants to sell it all and buy Games workshop war hammer stuff :rolleyes:: :cryin:
Oh yes the bloody star wars lego :eek: Costs a fortunes gets built once on boxing day and then over the next week or 2 just end up in the random lego box :rolleyes:

We did Warhammer for his 8th Birthday,my dad has loved painting them with him, it has been great :)

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Oh yes the bloody star wars lego :eek: Costs a fortunes gets built once on boxing day and then over the next week or 2 just end up in the random lego box :rolleyes:

We did Warhammer for his 8th Birthday,my dad has loved painting them with him, it has been great :)
I had hubs a DS taking over the dining room table to play yesterday :rolleyes: It's soo expensive though and hubs has had to buy some more bits to go with the sets he had when he was a kid to keep up with DS :lol:

or up the hoover!
Oh yes, along with all the fiddly bits from my daughters sylvannian sets :rolleyes:
All that money going up the hoover :cryin: but then it's like i can't be bothered to pick up tiny bits any more :rolleyes::

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.