Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Christmas Day..

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Spaniel mad, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I know i know its early but you know only 134 days away
    Anyway

My auntie has just told me they are going out to a restaurant for Christmas dinner.

I would never go out. We stay home just the 4 of us and its lovely. The doggies have a turkey dinner aswell.

What do you do???

2. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Well we sort of stay at home, but we go to me brothers house and spend the day with them, its ok but i have to do all the driving and i get a bit fed up of it at times lol!
    We have fun, but i cannay have a drink even if i wanted too lol.

We did go out to a restaurant years ago but didnt like it!

3. I love christmas

I spend it with my family

I dont like going far on christmas day so if we go visiting its only to local relatives

It all about the kids - not fair to drag them away from their new toys. So its an unspoken rule my house is open for anyone to come and join us, but we dont go far.

I do a big dinner, all the trimming, and the cooking starts christmas eve when i cook the big ham.

I make my own mince pies and jam tarts - all traditional fayre! Love it!

This year we are on a serious budget, so i plan to get the kids making paper chains as decorations and popcorn tinsel! (although i suppose the dogs might snaffle that!).

Cant wait!

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I spend it alone, being grumpy and moaning about the absolute rubbish they put on TV.

5. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I would love to go out for my dinner or just away for the few days, however I was always chained to the kitchen with the rabble turning up about 12ish (just as all work done and bottles about to be opened), but we have Arnie now. :D :D think I might get away with a walk while someone else sorts all the veg etc out. ;)

6. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

well its usually me, my three sisters my parents and my grandad christmas day and we stay in. but apart from the prezzie opening its pretty much the same as any other day exept everybody is in which isnt often anymore.

but i moved out this year so i dont know what will be happening, im guessing my OH will go home to see his parents for a few days so ill still go home for the day i think. not sure

7. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

christams TV is really crap, i have to have a book for christmas otherwise i go crazy!! lol

8. Cassies-mum

Cassies-mum PetForums VIP

we stay home - though this year i think we'll go out as its just me and my mum

well...

that is if emma and david dont come round :rolleyes:

9. owieprone

owieprone PetForums VIP

i ignore crimbo until december 1st then i take a week to decide which lot of parents is least annoying (generally mine) and pray the OH's have decided to go away this crimbo (bloody never do) so we generally HAVE to spend it with them ruining it completely for me.

HATE CHRISTMAS and all its commerciality, love presents and food any time of the year but HATE CHRISTMAS, wouldn't celebrate it at all if i had the choice. :cursing:

10. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

I love christmas, i am such a big kid, not sure what we are doing this year, we might go away for the first time, my last few christmasses have been a bit pants though so hoping for a nice one this year.

11. frags

frags PetForums VIP

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA *fingers in ears* im not listening!!! :p
    i so didnt want to hear how close christmas was lol

12. LouJ69

LouJ69 PetForums VIP

I have to work every second christmas, although I usually try to get a morning shift, which means that I'll be off at 2. But this will be my first Christmas in my new house (hopefully I'll have it by then!), so I'll have to wait & see. The idea of Christmas dinner in my own house is kinda nice!

13. Baby Bordie

Baby Bordie PetForums VIP

Well i would never ever go outside for a Christmas lunch, we have some of the family around, set up the dinning room, and have a big turkey dinner! MMMMMMM. Also btw, (Just to show you how much i suffer) Me and my sister are only aloud to open our presents after breakfeast, and my parents perpously (sp) eat very slowly! Lol, Its a tradition though!!!

14. Dylan & Daisy

Dylan & Daisy PetForums VIP

Feckin 'eck!! Lol

I dont bother with christmas..it's too commercial and has no meaning these days, everything starts sooooooo flippin early in the shops :mad:.....himself and i go off on holiday and come back after the New Year :D

15. Inca's Mum

Inca's Mum PetForums VIP

Have all the family over to open presents and before that, at maybe 8am we are all up (me, my brother, sister and mum) after we have opened little presents in the stockings we go downstairs and have croissants, toast, cereal, the load for breakfast. And then we go into the lounge and dive in!
    After that we change into some nice clothes we got (usually off my mum) and then my mum and grandma get on with the cooking. I sometimes help but other times I just indulge in my presents...:D
    And then have a nice quiet night, maybe get out a film or something.

And then boxing day we used to have an annual walk with all the family and dogs but half of them have died and other members of family have gone and moved elsewhere. But hopefully this boxing day I'll get to walk along the beach with my new dog. It's bliss. But bloody cold :p

16. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Me and the OH are cooking our own dinner this year...First time I've ever had to do it...

Of course the dogs and cat will be having their own dinner ;)

We'll go to my parents for Christmas day tea and go to my OHs parents on boxing day :yesnod:

17. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

its only august!!

but anyway, we used to have xmas dinner with the whole of my dads side of the family (my mums side are weird and we rarely see them. apart from my gran on a regular basis). but then 2 years ago the parents decided we were all too big(in age and size haha) and had too many people around 1 table since everyone had partners now. so now we just have dinner as individual familys then all gather together afterwards and get smashed. haha.

18. francesandjon

francesandjon PetForums VIP

At the moment I'm working....24/25/26/27th...but have put in for leave.

Would like to have christmas in our house (being our first yr in our house, and first yr married), would invite the parents...and round the OH's parents on boxing day

But i'll have to wait til the leave is sorted out to make any plans!

19. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Well this year it will be nice and warm for us at Christmas so maybe have dinner outside with the animals. It will be a turkey dinner anyway. They can all have some well the rabbit and hamster can have the veggies anyway.

20. flynnsmum

flynnsmum PetForums Member

Until 6 years ago my Christmas Day always involved my mum too. She would be around early in the morning to see the kids open their presents and we'd be joined in the evening by my aunt, my cousin and her fella and our best man. Always was a good get together with lots of fun.

But then mum died from Breast Cancer and we moved down south. Christmas never seemed the same again with just us 5. I eventually started doing my buffet on Boxing Day and our good neighbours would come round. Then 2 years ago we moved again. One year we travelled back home and spent xmas with my sister and another year with hubby's sister. Last year we had just moved into a new build house (on the 15th Dec!) so it was very chaotic plus hubby had done a night shift so was in bed most of Xmas Day anyway. I hated the quiet. :idea: This year I think I'll throw a street party, everyone welcome!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice