Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Christened the slow cooker!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by catz4m8z, Feb 8, 2012.

1. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

..finally got it out of the box and got brave enough to put something in it!!

Not sure how good its going to be at cooking stuff but my house is freezing and its jolly nice to put your hands on the lid and warm them up!!LOL:D

2. Blondie

Blondie PetForums VIP

I had a one for years till it finally died :( I just havent got round to getting another one yet, but I do miss it, I used it loads though, expecially in the winter - nothing better than coming home to a lovely hot meal all ready to warm you up :D

3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Making Borscht at the moment...
    I love beetroot and there isnt enough purple food IMO..:D

4. FrankieT

FrankieT PetForums Member

I wouldn't be without mine. I'm quite adventureous at throwing stuff in now.

5. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

I use mine once a week on a Tuesday when hub's and son are late home after basketball, i've been sticking to chili mainly as that's there favorite they both like. I did do Moroccan lamb last week , hub's said it was nice but chili was nicer :rolleyes:

Off to Google borscht :eek:

6. Iluvmypets

Iluvmypets PetForums Member

Yummy, minced beef and onions then dumplings added near the end. On a cold day it makes the house smell divine and it's scrummy to eat with buttery crusty bread.

7. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I bought one of these in an Argos sale, thought it would be really good to come home to dinner already cooked. Then I realised that it would smell very tempting and there is nothing that Ferdie can't reach! So I thought it would be too dangerous leave on. I used it once, on a Saturday when I was here all day. I just wish I had somewhere safe to put it on.

8. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Can you not put it in another room with a door closed?

9. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Could all those who use their slow cookers put their recipes on here ? i just cook stew in mine and love it but would like other PF peoples recipes.

10. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

I've done this one Molly's Chicken recipe - All recipes UK hub's and DD loved it son didn't :rolleyes: It didn't say light or dark soy sauce so i got dark but hub's said maybe try the light one next time :)

11. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

The only place would be my bedroom, on the floor. I suppose I could try that and hope it doesn't boil over!

12. Lavenderb

Lavenderb PetForums VIP

I use my slow cooker loads. Do steamed puddings, both sweet and savoury in it. All my roast meats get done in it, they come out so lovely and tender . Casseroles, hotpots, pork chops...the list is endless really.

I ditched my big oven too after it went wrong and its also hard to lift things out of it with dodgy knees, so I bought a small tabletop oven and a halogen oven to try aswell. The halogen took some getting used to but noone has had food poisoning yet. Have mastered roast potatoes in it, my god they are to die for. But with 3 different types of oven including the microwave I am finding it easier to cook meals for us .

13. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

I love Slow Cookers, just chuck everything in and switch it on, I love making Stew's, Casseroles, Sausages and Onions with bacon bits, Pork Chops,,,,,,,,,mmmmmmmmmm my mouth is watering thinking about it all now :D

14. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Need to start using mine again now LO is on solids

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice