Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

chossing his own food??

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Sam1309, May 26, 2010.

1. Sam1309

Sam1309 PetForums VIP

i've heard many people on here say that they let their dog choose the barnd of food he/she is now on!!!

how did u do this?

2. Guinevere13

Guinevere13 PetForums VIP

We got a variety of trial pouches of the branded foods - natures menu, JWB etc. put them out on a bunch of paper plates in a row and let the puppy try them. She was amazing - she tried each plate, a little bit at a time then went back to the JWB and ate it all! She also gulped down the Natures menu but that was the only one she ate all at once so we had a wet and dry variety of food that we knew she liked! I was really impressed :thumbup:

3. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I felt I made the mistake of choosing what I thought was the best puppy food for my money and sticking Heidi on it. We spend much of her puppyhood with her on hunger strike/us trying to get her to eat it.

When I put her onto adult, I did a lot of research here and dwindled it down to what I felt the 3 best, sent for samples and left it to her. She didnt choose the one I wanted her to and surprised me by going for the one I least expected but the upshot is that we have had no problems whatsoever.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice