Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Choosing pupster :)

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Ditsy42, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Ditsy42

Ditsy42 PetForums VIP

Well, I will be choosing my pup on Saturday, they r 7 weeks old today, I never thought it would be so difficult, but they all have great qualities which makes it all the more harder for me to choose :eek:

I'm leaning towards either Green girl or Orange, but the others have had a growth spurt this week as well and at least 4 of them r cracking examples..........., loking 4 a show girlie with potential maybe later 2 breed. I've put a few pics of my 2 girlies I got my eye on, so folks what do u reckon :D

Attached Files:

2. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Is getting both an option hehe :D Absolutely gorgeous! :)

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Lovely pups; afraid I know nothing about showing, but something about 'orange' just tips the balance for me.

4. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

they are both lovely but i like orange girl :001_wub:
    There was the most beautiful rottweiler pup next door to my MIL. He was so cute and soft I loved watching him playing with the daisys in the front garden. Now the owner cant walk it without a muzzle an he is pulled down the road with the dog trying to attack any moving object. Rottweilers are such beautiful dogs, shame the owner hasn't trained him properly :(

5. Ditsy42

Ditsy42 PetForums VIP

Funny u actually say that, i've had a similar comment at the weekend when folks come 2 c the litter, he reckoned she was pick of the girlies, she is very feminine and wud b very showy I reckon, I luv Green girls head and bone, and if orange has the same potentia lfor bot,h then she will b cracking all round.

I know my head should rule my heart, an I can only have 1 (so my OH said), but its' really difficult as I luv them all :crying:

6. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

It is so hard isn't it? Orange just has 'something' for me - maybe showy is the right word. At least you are finding it difficult because they are both good, could be much worse ;).

7. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

:) Awwww am loving the pics

Orange girlie for me too but both beautiful xx

Have a Rottie on my list of retirement dogs when i move to the seaside, i am going to get one for hubby as i think he has the perfect temperament to raise a good one and i get to enjoy the fruits of his labour ;)

Happy Choosing ;)

8. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

I reckon I'm glad i don't have to chose, I'm RUBBISH at making decisions :rolleyes::

Maybe more pictures would help us :p

9. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

I was going to say orange because she is such a girly girl but kept flicking through and pic number 4 was really getting me too and I assume that one is green.
    Anyway, gun to my head cos they are both gorgeous, whichever one is in pic number 4.

10. gladass

gladass Banned

Scrummy pups, I prefer orange collar ones head. Can you not ask thye Breeder what her preference would be especially as you are lookin for a Show Potential Bitch

11. I like the green girl best. Both are very beautiful but think like you said green has a great head.
    Sorry to be different and make the decision harder for you.

12. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

She is the breeder :lol: she owns the bitch in partnership with the lady who originally bred the (mother) bitch..... i hope that made sense :crazy:

13. Angie2011

Angie2011 PetForums VIP

I like the green Girly to! not that i know what i am talking about! but her head seams so strong! :eek::D good luck x

14. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

I would take the advise from someone who is experienced in showing the breed. A pup that shows show ring potential at 7 weeks may not always fullfil the promise when they are older.

I have the same problem at the moment but at least I have marking to take into consideration too. There is no standard for a whippets colour or markings its just that with parti colours some markings can mark their shoulder look straight or their back looked dipped. I too have my eyes on 2.

15. Blondie

Blondie PetForums VIP

I am having difficulty myself in helping Andrea choose, lol!!

Orange is deffo the stand away fave, all my show friends have picked her out straight away, but green girl still has a lot to offer for show, and my other fave is purple girl coz she has a fabby topline and a great tail carriage.

Me thinks the deciding factor will be putting names in a hat on Saturday, PMSL!!!!!:D:D:D We have to do it on Saturday as this is the optimum time to pick a rottie pup for Show, so no messing, lol!

Ditsy - I hope you have some Champers on ice, coz by the time you have made ya mind up I will need a strong drink, LOL!!:D

#15 Blondie, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  16. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Isn't that when breeders run a few on ;) :p :lol: :lol:

17. bagpuss4

bagpuss4 PetForums Member

I,d have both ,they are both lovely but if had to pick i,d have the green girl love her cute wee face ;)

#17 bagpuss4, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  18. pinklady

pinklady PetForums Member

Green girl for me too although i wouldnt say no to either!!!! ;)

19. Ditsy42

Ditsy42 PetForums VIP

Aye missus I have pink champers already on ice, I will bloody need it afta choosing on Saturday, doing my heed in all this coz I luve em all :crying:

20. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Never bred, never shown, don't know what the hell I am talking about but.....if I couldn't choose and could only have definately, absolutely, only have one ...I would go for personality that I thought would work best for me. That goes right out of the window if you employ someone else to do the showing bit......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice