Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chloe update... not good news

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by vixtory, May 14, 2010.

1. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

Took Chloe back to see the vet this morning... she had her check up and the tablets have slowed her heart rate and the Frusemide has got rid of the fluid build up which is good... but, we have been told today that her heart muscle is not good.. they have warned us that although the medication she has been taking has stabilised her for now we could still lose her at any time.. her heart will just give in!

We are gutted.. i was so hoping that i would be told that she was going to be ok.

I`m very upset right now... its just been blow after blow this week for us, i lost my cousin on tuesday night and being told that i could lose my dog any time has really left me reeling..

For now though i`m going to spoil her rotten and enjoy every minute with her!

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Im so sorry hope the meds keep working for a long time xxx

3. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

i am so sorry it wasnt the good news you was hoping for. as you said, you can spend as much time with her spoiling her and making a fuss of her.
    I am sorry to hear you have lost your cousin to.I hope things start to look up for you soon.xxxxx:)

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Has she actually had her heart scanned to check the thickness and valve function?

My vet told me this about my dog. Three years later he is going strong.

His condition isnt as advanced, nor severe as your's though.

5. LadyLoraella

LadyLoraella PetForums Member

I'm sorry to hear this, I hope everything works out though and I think spoiling her is a great plan!!

6. sketch

sketch PetForums VIP

Aw bless you both, love from me and the gang
    xx

7. slbrown2108

slbrown2108 PetForums Senior

awww hun firstly and foremost i wanna say how sorry i am for the situation u are in and my condolences are sent ur way for the loss of your cousin. Secondly i hope little chloe will live on longer as this must b difficult to see this happening to your gorgeous little girl. Be strong for her sake she will need you at this time in her life. Im sure she is spoilt everyday. Im sure she loves u very much and she will no u will put her best interests first. I wish u many happy days with chloe while she is still here with us.

Good luck hun chin up and things will hopefully start to turn around for the better. :eek:

8. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear about Chloe. I am sure you will echerish every single second with her now. Best wishes.

9. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

I am really sorry. Just when things seemed to be going better for her. Still she has surprised you in getting this far so maybe she has some more surprises up her sleeve - I truly hope so x
    Sorry that you have lost your cousin.

10. PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth

PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth PetForums Member

So sorry to hear your news xxxx

11. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear your sad news.xx

12. cat43

cat43 PetForums Member

aww im sorry to hear that. enjoy every minute. hoping things turn out better than expected:(

13. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear your news:( I hope she surprises you all and goes longer than expected. I am sure you are making the most of every second you have left with her! hugs xx

14. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Oh im so sorry to hear about Chloe.enjoy every minute together and i hope she proves them wrong!
    Sorry to hear about your cousin also,big hug for you x

15. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

No hun she hasn`t... the vet said that she could hear it! Is this not right? Do you think maybe they might have jumped the gun abit?

Apparently they would have to sedate her to do a heart scan and they don`t want to do that because they fear she`ll die whilst she`s under!

I really hope i get another 3 years company from my little lady.. or more would be very nice!

The vet said that her heart rate had stabilised but every so often it misses a couple of beats and makes a weird noise, she said this is caused by the heart muscle being very defective.. the she followed it on with the news that we could lose her at any time.

We`ve been given a number for another vet in goole for a second opinion, gunna take her there and see what they found! I don`t have much faith in the vets that were under atm.

16. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

I`ve been watching chloe like an hawk all night... at the moment she`s spritely and prancing around like a puppy!

We were told that she had to have limited exercise and shouldn`t run around and she is supposed to be on a very strict diet... I`m NOT going to restrict her exercise, if were going to lose her anyway whats the point? She might has well live the rest of her life doing and eating exactly what she wants!

Am i wrong for thinking that way?

What would you do if it was your dog?

17. rona

rona Guest

How old is Chloe?
    I would restrict for a while until the worst is over, she is obviously showing huge improvement.
    With my last dog, I was told she had a bad heart murmur and would not live past 5 years old, she went to 13 and die of something totally unrelated to her heart. I exercised her heavily :)
    I know that it's not the same, but you can see that vets can only guess at some things.
    Do build up gradually, and hopefully you will have a while yet with your girl :)

18. michaelasi

michaelasi PetForums VIP

I really fell sorry for chloe , it is really tough for u thin s week . I do fell sorry for your loose ....

what I would do for chloe , well I would accept the diet the vet prescribes to her ,eliminate salt and sugars (both from the ordinary food u have gave her so far) . and yes I would take it easy with walks and activities , reason is the chances for her body to retain the water r still very big and she can lose her breath by getting to agitated and ....

U have reasons to be angry and tired , but remember u can get couple more months if not even up to a full year with chloe But u need to change a bit the life style (hers ) in order to have her .

One thing in life it is certain , we all have the same direction , u do not know whan is going to happen with your girl so i suggest change the life style and take it from there ...

MIha xxxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice