Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chloe made it through the night

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by vixtory, May 11, 2010.

1. vixtory

vixtory PetForums Member

Well she made it through the night and although her breathing is laboured she has quite a spring in her step:).

I`m really surprised that she got through the night and her breathing really does sound horrid, I slept on the sofa with her although i didn`t do much sleeping but Chloe did.

Her tummy is so so badly swollen this morning, i didn`t think it could possibly swell any bigger than it did yesterday!

The vet is going to drain the fluid from her tummy this morning, i just hope Chloe makes it... its going to be interesting to see just how thin she`ll be without the bloated tummy, I know she`s lost weight because her collar hangs of her neck even on the smallest hole!

I spoke to the vet last night and they are concerned that she`ll not make it through the anesthetic so they are going to try and do it without:eek6:, I`m not sure how i feel about that because i don`t want them to her my baby girl..

She`s booked in to be admitted at 9.30am... she has to have 3 heart scans ( from different positions ) fluid drained, blood tests and urine tests (again ) and scans of her liver and kidneys.. if any other organs are damaged other than her heart the vet said they would stop all tests to advice to pts..

I just want my baby out of pain and discomfort and back to her normal self!

She made it through the night though so that shows she still have plenty of fight in her yet!

2. shutterspeed

shutterspeed PetForums Senior

Wow, this is heavy!
    Wish you the best with Chloe!

3. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Best of luck for Chloe and you today

((hugs))

Juliex

4. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Oh so glad she's made it this far, ime off to work in a min but has to just come on quick incase there was an update, they did montys scans awake as i mentioned before so ime glad they are going to try that, Oh this is a nightmare i know only too well, ile come back on after work and hope for some more good news in the meantime. Good luck with today, love to you both with everything crossed.

5. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

First thing i thought when i woke was i wonder how chloe is this morning.
    Hope she does ok at vets today......be a long day for you im sure. Positive vibes for you all today ..............keep strong Chloe xxxxx

6. cavmad

cavmad PetForums VIP

So glad she made it through the night. I fostered a cav that had heart failure and she had to have fluid drained which they did under sedation. Some really kind person homed her and she lived for a couple of years. When she first swelled up i was terrified it was during the night and i know what you mean by the breathing being terrible.Good luck today i will be thinking of you

7. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

Praying for good results at the vets :eek: x Remember to tell us how she got on:) x

8. cat43

cat43 PetForums Member

my heart goes out to you, we were in the same position last october ,wishing for the best result.

9. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Hope all goes well today. xx

10. czenios

czenios PetForums Junior

Really we wish you the best with Chloe!

11. Tanya1989

Tanya1989 PetForums VIP

Gosh I missed all the threads. So sorry she's poorly. Hugs. wishing a speedy recovery x

12. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Fingers crossed everything goes ok today for Chloe. Thinking of you both.

13. BubsyBear

BubsyBear PetForums Member

Hugs, best wishes to you and Chloe x

14. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Oh im so glad she made it through the night,i hope all goes well at the vets and they make her more comfy.Best wishes xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice