Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chipped tooth

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Nattie, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Nattie

Nattie PetForums Member

Just noticed that one of my cats has a chipped top canine tooth! About 3mm seems to have been chipped off the end and the end of the tooth is flat, not pointed. The tooth itself seems fine, not wobbly or anything, and Guinness doesn't seem to be in any pain when I touch it, and he's eating and playing normally, etc.

Not sure what he did it on or when, he's an indoor cat and I can only assume it was recent as I reckon I would have noticed it before if it wasn't.

Is this something to be worried about or take him to the vets about? Or is this a relatively common thing?

Cheers for any help!

2. Snippet

Snippet PetForums VIP

Our cat has chipped teeth, and they don't bother her.

Another cat we used to own came to us with only 1 tooth (ancient stable cat), and that one was well battered but she was still perfectly capable of wolfing down anything that was put infront of me.

I wouldn't worry too much if it isn't bothering him.

3. MissyMV6

MissyMV6 PetForums Senior

Louie has chipped tooth too I didn't notice until a vet routinely checked inside his mouth (he was about 10 months then) I got a right shock:eek:

Haven't clue how he managed to chip it but he seems okay with it and the vets weren't over worried.(He had his 12 months check recently).

Angie x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice