Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chip and Cody

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by Yipping_Coyote, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Yipping_Coyote

Yipping_Coyote PetForums Newbie

Just wanted to say I got my ducklings Sunday (some of this may be review for you guys), and my boyfriend and I have established that their names are Chip and Cody.

The one we assume is male just by impression, is Chip. He got his name from a slight chip in his bill that you have to know is there to see. He's more upfront, and very protective of Cody. If you pick her up or try to, or come to the aquarium too fast, he'll immediately stand on his feet, spread his nubs-for-wings and try to hiss, or make himself look threatening.

The other, Cody, we assume is female from impression as well. She's always following Chip around cause he's the leader. She's docile, and just the sweetest thing, but also sort of timid. If you take her away from Chip it's almost heartwrenching because she just looks at you with these eyes, almost saying, "Please dont hurt me, I just want my brother." T_T

-- Sorry had to go help my dad move the camper. But anyways, they're just so adorable together. They get free-range of the bathtub everyday for maybe 30-45 minutes (in warm water) while I clean the aquarium real quick, then I blow-dry them (on low) and they sit there and look at me like I'm crazy. Then I put them in the aquarium after everything is set up (fresh water/food) and let them soak in the warmth of their heatlamp and binge.

I just wish they didnt have such a duck-smell XD

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice