UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

In 8 months time my breeder is going to plan a litter of Chinese Crested and I am first in line for a hairless bitch.

Now before she arrives which is a LONG time I want to way up the food options.For anyone with experience with these dogs what would you say the best food that is available on the market today?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
Hi there and congrats on your new addition to be.

My Chinese Cresteds are raw fed, previously they have been on acana and fish4dogs. Both foods I rate highly (although f4d have now changed their recipe so not so sure). Wet food wise, naturediet is excellent

The dry dog food index and the wet food index are excellent references.

The breeder of my youngest had the puppies weaned onto a varied diet of raw, wet and dry food. Consequently the puppies have strong stomaches and are not as fussy as some can be.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there and congrats on your new addition to be.

My Chinese Cresteds are raw fed, previously they have been on acana and fish4dogs. Both foods I rate highly (although f4d have now changed their recipe so not so sure). Wet food wise, naturediet is excellent

The dry dog food index and the wet food index are excellent references.

The breeder of my youngest had the puppies weaned onto a varied diet of raw, wet and dry food. Consequently the puppies have strong stomaches and are not as fussy as some can be.
So is Dry food ok for dogs?Just its not for kittys :)

I will look into a raw diet!

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
So is Dry food ok for dogs?Just its not for kittys :)

I will look into a raw diet!
I would not go back to a dry food diet for my dogs. But i respect others decision to do so.

Hairless Chinese cresteds can have some interesting dentition . I believe that raw works wonders to keep those teeth clean strong and healthy .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.