Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chinese Crested

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by RASH, Nov 9, 2012.

1. RASH

RASH PetForums Junior

Hello everyone,

In 8 months time my breeder is going to plan a litter of Chinese Crested and I am first in line for a hairless bitch.

Now before she arrives which is a LONG time I want to way up the food options.For anyone with experience with these dogs what would you say the best food that is available on the market today?

Thanks

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Hi there and congrats on your new addition to be.

My Chinese Cresteds are raw fed, previously they have been on acana and fish4dogs. Both foods I rate highly (although f4d have now changed their recipe so not so sure). Wet food wise, naturediet is excellent

The dry dog food index and the wet food index are excellent references.

The breeder of my youngest had the puppies weaned onto a varied diet of raw, wet and dry food. Consequently the puppies have strong stomaches and are not as fussy as some can be.

3. RASH

RASH PetForums Junior

So is Dry food ok for dogs?Just its not for kittys :)

I will look into a raw diet!

4. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

I would not go back to a dry food diet for my dogs. But i respect others decision to do so.

Hairless Chinese cresteds can have some interesting dentition . I believe that raw works wonders to keep those teeth clean strong and healthy .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice