Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chinchillas looking for forever homes

Discussion in 'Small Animal Rescue and Adoption' started by susie, Jun 6, 2010.

1. susie

susie PetForums Member

* Lilo & Stitch, 2 beige boys approx 3yrs old . 2 sweet little lads who are slowly coming out of their shells , they are still a little bit timid due to lack of handling but with more 1-1 their confidence will continue to grow :wub:

REHOMED

Lilo
    [​IMG]

Stitch's fur is not as good as Lilo's but its getting there with more sand baths it will continue to improve
    [​IMG]

'Alfie' Single std male approx 14months old ( he was living with Ben but they will no longer accept one another after a tiff but he would probably be happy with another male friend) :wub:
    [​IMG]

* 'Ben' a violet male also approx 14 months , sadly he decided to beat Ben up a while back and is now living alone but may be happier with another male who can stand up to him for company :wub:
    [​IMG]

* 'Boots' a std male approx 10 months old , he is a little timid still but once he gets to know you he does come out of his shell :wub:
    [​IMG]

* 'Dottie'( young std female) age unknown but she was only tiny when she arrived so I have a feeling she was no more than 12 weeks then so possibly around 6 months now but still a little girl . She would love another girl to snuggle up with :wub:

REHOMED

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

* 'Onyx and Holly' a bv male and female ( male castrated) these are gorgeous chins :wub: Can be rehomed with their own cage and stand , for a small donation :biggrin:

REHOMED

pics to follow

Please contact me if you feel you can offer that forever home. We do not rehome for breeding purposes We ask an adoption donation and there is an adoption agreement to sign :thanx:

#1 susie, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  2. andreea

andreea PetForums Newbie

hello

Me and my daughter andreea looking for chinchillas for awhile ,we have been dissaiponted today because we've missed two lovely boys denis and nasha from pets at home that we intended to adopt but they were already gone in morning.We would like to adopt 2 chinchillas ,Ben and Dottie,to give them a loving home ,we already got the cage and all the bits for them.We are living in Filey,North Yorkshire.Please contact me mobile 07861421153 Michaela.Thank you:)

3. susie

susie PetForums Member

Hiya

I would not rehome Ben and Dottie together as they have not been introduced , this is a long process so would require 2 cages side by side and can take weeks or months :)

Ifr you would like to email me through the forum I am happy to chat further about possible adoptions of other chins that are already in pairs :)

4. susie

susie PetForums Member

I would add I am NOT a pet shop so will not rehome chins to people who wish to use wire shelves or to anyone who has not taken time to research the chins needs .

5. Cherries21

Cherries21 PetForums Newbie

They are all gorgeous i would love to rehome a chinchilla from young im just having trouble tryng to find a decent cage :(

6. susie

susie PetForums Member

7. kirksandallchins

kirksandallchins PetForums VIP

Also if Ben is not neutered they wll breed, and beng rescues this is not recommended.

Two males normally get along fine (if introduced properly) if there are no females around and would make perfect pets.

Good luck in fnding them all homes

8. Cherries21

Cherries21 PetForums Newbie

Hi susie which chinchilla's are still looking for a home?

9. Paws&Claws

Paws&Claws PetForums VIP

If these guys are looking for a new home and needing a cage etc i would recommend buying a huge parrot cage and 'doing it up' to make it all lovely for them?

I have 2 degus who i did this with and they love there cage. The cage is much better then having something custom made and can be cheaper if you get a bargain on ebay like i did ;) x

10. susie

susie PetForums Member

Whilst the chins above are new rehomed we always have furrballs looking for their forever homes including youngsters who have been born at the rescue due to female arriving pregnant

Please email for further details . Thank you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice