Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

chinchilla cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by caitlinwade, Jan 8, 2012.

1. caitlinwade

caitlinwade PetForums Member

hello!
    i am getting a chinchilla kitten in six months and i was wondering if anybody could tell me what kind of temperament they have? anyone?
    thankyou!:D

2. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

why do you want one if you dont know their temprement??

have you read about them or asked the breeder? they take a hell of alot of care looking after their coat, I love one I want one, id never have one though!

3. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

aah no i dont but if u look it up it'll give u a pretty good explantion

4. Obzocky

Obzocky PetForums Member

I'll say this, they're easy to spoil.

Persians (the chinchilla variety included) should be docile and affectionate. In fact a great number of those I have met from good lines have been. To be slightly more accurate a number have been plain lazy and content to simply accept all the affection offered without ever seeking it out. Which is where the easy to spoil comes in: whilst it is easy to spoil them with treats and pandering it is easy to spoil their attitude towards being groomed too, especially if you do not get them used to being groomed.

They're delightful pets, some of them are determined to prove the generalisation wrong and are bouncy balls of fluff right up until their twilight years, but they tend to be the exception rather than the rule. They can be cheeky and entertaining, on their own terms. Really though, the best place to get information regarding their temperament is from the breeder and those who presently own them.

If you look here Intro Page - CST & SCS for example you'll see the Chinchilla described as being fairly active, which has never been my experience, but again i've only been a visitor to homes with Chinchillas, never an owner.

I hope you share with us many photographs of your new kitten when it comes home, as well as sharing your adventures in chinchilla ownership :).

5. caitlinwade

sorry for long delay to reply, haha
    and yes i have asked the breeder (my aunty:D) and she has told me alot about them,
    but i just wanted a second opinion from someone who owns/owned one
    and why wouldnt you get one?

6. koekemakranka

koekemakranka PetForums VIP

Oh they are lovely looking cats. So beautiful. And I love longhaired cats.

7. Scarlett20

Scarlett20 PetForums Senior

Bet you can't wait to get your little fluff ball :)

Where are you getting your kitten from?

Have you thought of a name yet?

8. caitlinwade

no i cant wait!!!!
    and im getting it from Natchez Persians Homepage
    its my aunty who breeds them, shes been breeding for over 20 years and my kitten will come from her last litter she will be having!
    and for the names i have though of indy or archie for a boy and bella or skye for a girl:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice