Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Chinchilla cage

Discussion in 'Chinchillas' started by Mousey85, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Mousey85

Mousey85 PetForums Newbie

Hi,

I've been thinking about looking into getting chinchillas recently so want to do some research on chinchilla care etc. I was just wondering if the Savic Zeno 3 is actually a suitable cage for chinchillas? It's advertised as one but I'm aware that just because the cage is advertised doesn't mean it is fit for use.

Thank you!

2. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Member

Can you post a picture of it?

3. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Member

I personally wouldn't reccoment this cage. It has plastic shelves which are not appropriate for chinchillas. What country are you based in? If you are in England, I can recommend a couple of people who make custom chinchilla cages which are far more suitable.

Arny likes this.
  4. Arny

Arny PetForums Member

Tiggers likes this.
  5. Acidic Angel

Acidic Angel Your ego does not surpass your pets wellbeing

Any cage with plastic in it, be it the shelves or base, is unsuitable for chinchillas.

Can you get hold of an Aventura cage? Those are all metal and quite big so would provide the space required for chinchillas as well. They're a little more pricey due to being all metal but they're good cages and will last a long time :)

6. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Member

Chinchillas will chew any part of a cage that is made of plastic, including accessories, not necessarily immediately, but it will happen. Plastic is toxic, and if ingested, has the potential to cause a gut blockage and ensuing fatality.

7. Mousey85

Mousey85 PetForums Newbie

Hi all, thanks for the advice!

Tiggers likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice