Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chillington Rehoming, Leicestershire

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Blaise in Surrey, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Blaise in Surrey

Blaise in Surrey PetForums VIP

Hi everyone - long time no post!

Does anyone know anything about the above rescue please? I’m in contact with them via FB, but their website looks very American, has hardly any info, and they don’t appear anywhere else on the net.....

2. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Seems legitimate enough in that they actually exist, online presence may just be that its a very recent start up (2020).
    A quick Google says they do seem to be registered as a business rather than a charity though.

Just personal opinion here too, and may come across hypocritical since I own a foreign rescue myself, but I don't agree with the practice that they seem to be running on of having people pay for the transport to bring puppies over to the UK while they wait to find homes.
    People are of course free to source a dog from wherever in the world they want, but there are countless UK dogs already here just sitting around waiting, so bringing foreign dogs over to sit around and wait too just feels... off.
    A lot of the Spanish rescues I follow have fosters and shelters in the origin country where the dogs are only brought over to their new families when they have been adopted, and have a network of backup in both countries.
    I understand that may be difficult for a new organisation to do, but for the sake of the dogs I feel its import.

MontyMaude, Pixel and lullabydream like this.
  3. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Don't trust them the assistant manager has dodgy eyebrows!

I help or would if we could currently with a drama group for those with additional needs. A total non profit organisation. We are registered as a business, we can still raise money per se for that it, as we are non profit

It confused me why we aren't a charity, but there is a reason. Having been a chair for a charity before, non registered because it was a small infant school so we could never gain charity status, I think it's similiar reason to that.

Currently they will be classed as a non profit business, when they bring on enough money, then can have charity status.

It's all very complicated to be honest what can and cannot be done to be a charity registered.

BlueJay likes this.
  4. Blaise in Surrey

Hmmm.... Thank you. I wouldn’t generally look at an overseas rescue set up either, however trying to find a second rescue to go with my boy dog (female, safe with children, dog and cat friendly) is proving a big ask!

lullabydream likes this.
  5. Blaise in Surrey

Well, that’s Chillington off the possibles list..... They give no opportunity for a resident dog to meet the new dog, to see if they get on! What a recipe for disaster!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice