Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Childhood memories

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Baileys Blind, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Baileys Blind

Baileys Blind PetForums Senior

Went to mum's today and she was sorting through some old photo's :lol: After dying a death at some of the clothes she MADE me wear I nabbed these of my childhood dogs :D

The memories came flooding back - I had so many adventures, living in Wales as I did and the freedom I had just to roam with them, we would go walkies up Snowdon to the waterfall for fun, they're also why I hate cows as we got chased and barely made it out the field in time, I swear I've never seen my mum move so fast or vault a wall so well!! they camped out with us and ruined soooo many jumpers by playing tuggy with the sleeves while I had it on :eek:

Sorry the quality isn't great but then again the camera's weren't the best in the 70's either :001_smile:

Firstly this is Raven and Tri Rough Collie, mum already had him when I was born and evidently I learnt to walk by grabbing onto his fur and pulling myself up :eek:

[​IMG]

When he passed, mum got Merry another Tri but a bitch this time
    [​IMG]

Merry had a litter and mum kept one of the pups, Ember, here with me and my older brother :biggrin:
    [​IMG]
    (some things never change, I still live in my wellies and a daft hat :blushing::blushing: )

Merry again with me, my mum and my twin cousins
    [​IMG]

When they passed and we moved back to Doncaster mum got Lacey - here with mums new Yorkie pup
    [​IMG]

I came across this pic, I'd forgotten all about Prince, he came to stay at mums guest house in Wales every year for years and we just gelled and would spend the whole fortnight playing on the beach together :drool:
    [​IMG]

And lastly, a random one of me on my first riding lesson :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Gosh, I feel all melancholy now (and old) how time flies :crying: Rough's have always been my favourite breed and I guess this shows why :thumbup::thumbup:

2. Beth17

Beth17 PetForums VIP

What beautiful photos :)

3. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

Fantastic pics - really enjoyed them, I loved being a kid in the 70's

We've just been to Butlins 70's glam weekend, dressed up and everything! :lol:

4. northnsouth

northnsouth PetForums VIP

What lovely dogs.....
    Cute kiddies too :) I saw a Tri coloured Rough last week. The first I have seen for years.

I recently found these in my Mothers things... Only ones I have found of Trixie. I learnt to walk supported by her too. She came to us when we were both 6 weeks old. We are both about 11 in the photo.

Attached Files:

#4 northnsouth, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  5. lipsthefish

lipsthefish PetForums VIP

Just beautiful :)

6. springerpete

springerpete PetForums VIP

Beautiful pictures. Thanks.

7. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

Love old photos. These ones are great.
    The yellow jumper you have on, is it of a horses head? It looks like the same one I had.....my nan knitted mine. It was red and the horses mane was loose like tassels. My favourite. :D

8. Baileys Blind

Baileys Blind PetForums Senior

You just don't see them much anymore and they seem to have shrunk in size too :mad: It's only the coat upkeep that stops me having one now, just haven't got the time at the mo for all that brushing, one day though I will have one :p
    Awwww your childhood dog was lovely :D
    Glad it's not just me with the ropey clothes on [​IMG]

YES it is [​IMG] - My mum knitted me mine but the head was in brown :blink: I soooooo loved that jumper :D mum knitted me loads with various things on the front, my other best one was a Golliwog (sorry if it upsets anyone, not intended) and it's head was all sewn in lengths of black wool so it was all fluffy :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice