Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chicken Pox

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by mr.stitches, Jul 12, 2009.

1. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Hi All

I have had chicken pox 4 times, and shingles...yes, i agree, the virus must just love me!

Yesterday I had a spot come up, and this morning I have a couple more on my arms. Two are red and raw looking and one is a round blister type one with a red line round it. Chicken pox has been doing the round here, and I work with kids in a nursery where several of them have been off with it. Do you think it could be the pox again?

Just thought id put it out there to get some advice!

2. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

It could be, being a virus and constantly mutating there is no limit to the amount of times that you can catch chicken pox. However it should just be a mild case due to your antibodies.

Hand, foot and mouth disease is also caused by the same virus as chicken pox.

I hope you feel better soon!

3. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

can you get it more than 1 time, you poor thin

4. archielee

archielee PetForums VIP

so you can, thats new to me

5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

yep you can get it 100's of times, OH has got it from me 4 times :eek: im a carrier i dont get the virus but i pass it on :p

it could be it again just wait and see if they go crusty :) Ive found OH doesnt seem to spread it he'll get the spots but he doesnt ever seem to give it to anyone else strange~!

6. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Gosh, I only thought you could get it once too & after that you had shingles instead. Really feel for you - it's horrible :(

7. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

8. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

Oh that's rotten, hope you feel better soon! :)

When I was a teenager I used have a similar thing with the mumps, I had it four times! Every second year in February I would get mumps, it was mad, you're only supposed to have that once.

It eventually stopped happening when I got glandular fever at 19. Touch wood, it's been okay since then!

9. claire

claire Guest

Hope it goes soon, we have it in our house at the moment too, might get rid of it before we get swine flu hopefully lol

10. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Hope you feel better soon!

I've only had it once, straight after I had tonsillitis at the time when my sis was born so I couldn't go to see her in hospital! :(

My daughter gave it to my son and he broke out in blisters the day we were flying to Corfu - we had to get a certificate from the doctors to prove he was fit to fly! :D

11. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Oh you poor thing :(

I have been very lucky to have never had chicken pox or shingles

12. rona

rona Guest

Oh sweetie, I hope it turns out to be nothing

13. mr.stitches

mr.stitches PetForums VIP

Thank you all x

I have had it four times, and have also had shingles and glandular fever...i have all the great ones!

No more spots have appeared, and I dont feel too bad....so im hoping its just some spots....OH has been feeling a bit dizzy, and my mum has been a bit lightheaded, so im not sure!

I shall see if anything new appears overnight!

Thank you all for your kind words :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice