Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

chicken novice

Discussion in 'Poultry Chat' started by midget_vik, Jul 10, 2009.

1. midget_vik

midget_vik PetForums Newbie

hello everyone

i am soon to be a owner of three welsumer chickens, before they arrive i would to research in how to care and look after them properly, could anyone reccomend any books or websites that are useful for information ?? feel free to give your own advice too.

i am a complete novice when it comes to chickens so any advice will be greatly appriciated! at the moment i am mostly concerned with making a hen house fox proof as foxes are known to roam the area.

2. Kelloggs

Kelloggs Banned

Hi Midget_vik,

Come and join us at Practical Poultry forum you'll get lots of good advice from all and quite a few forum members from around your area.

3. Birdie Wife

Birdie Wife PetForums Member

I second what Kelloggs says :) and would also recommend Katie Thear's book on Starting with Chickens, easy reading and excellent starting point. Good luck with your girls, it's an addictive hobby!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice