Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chick Crumbs for litter

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by kidsandcats, Jul 24, 2009.

1. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

Hi
    I have just been reading up on the internet about chick crumbs, noticed the thread below as well, but just wanted to know what make people use. There are two types on a website I have looked at, A & P Small Holder Baby and BOCM Farmgate. The latter is cheaper but thought I'd see what others use.

Also I have read this ' in general you should be very careful about feeding chick crumbs to ducks as some companies products contain an anti-coccidiostat which can be harmful to them'. Could there be something in this that can be harmful to cats??:(
    Thanks!:)

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

The ones I am using at the mo are an Argo brand. Never heard about the duck thing, but it would probably involve a lot of eating of the stuff.

3. ambercat

ambercat PetForums Senior

Definitely don't use ones that contain the anti-coccidiostat. Make sure you buy a NON-medicated brand. I'm pretty sure Dodson & Horrell chick crumbs are unmedicated. :)

4. kidsandcats

Ah thanks for that! Will certainly make sure whatever I get if I decide to go down this route is non-medicated.
    Thanks
    Sharon
    x

5. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

There were some other threads on here about litter v chick crumbs - people seem to either love them or hate them. Maybe worth a look :)

6. kidsandcats

OMG what stunning cats you have!

Thanks for that I will look back at some older threads then.
    Sharon
    x

7. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Thanks - they're my babies, lol!! Want to put a pick of each of them on my sig (I've got 5), but can't figure out how :blushing:

8. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

9. kidsandcats

Thank you!!

I have just read all the posts. Think I will give this a go. I get my kittens at the end of Aug. I always used Worlds Best before and after reading about chick crumbs thought it might be worth a shot. I have saved the links to my favourites so will order nearer the time.
    Thanks again.
    Sharon
    x

10. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

No probs. I used to use World's Best, but with five it's too expensive now. I was put off the chick crumbs by the other posts - let me know what they're like when you've tried them :)

11. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I'm using them - they seem to be almost exactly the same as World's Best - work in exactly the same way etc - great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice