UK Pet Forums Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
I tried layers pellets (like chick crumbs but larger pellets) a while ago but had to give up as the tracking was dreadful (so I can imagine it'd be even worse with chick crumbs).. Very disappointing as it was certainly cheaper than cat litter!
Ive not tried layers pellets, I dont find the chick crumbs track too badly. I use a tracking matt and a daily hoover. I just have to watch the dog, hes cleared a whole litter tray of chick crumb in the past, it made him so ill.

Yes i've heard of other dogs who've eaten it and been poorly! I don't have a dog, fortunately :)

i might give it a try, perhaps i could use it in the stud houses, but i don't think i could cope with it in the house!

Ive not tried layers pellets, I dont find the chick crumbs track too badly. I use a tracking matt and a daily hoover. I just have to watch the dog, hes cleared a whole litter tray of chick crumb in the past, it made him so ill.

I think the stuff is beyond crap!

I tried it for a while but the smell was vile, it was allover the carpets and it didnt soak in wee at all. The cats hated it too.

I ordered it online but not sure where from now. I wouldnt reccomend it, especially for multiple cat households! I'll stick to my catsan!

I think the stuff is beyond crap!

I tried it for a while but the smell was vile, it was allover the carpets and it didnt soak in wee at all. The cats hated it too.

I ordered it online but not sure where from now. I wouldnt reccomend it, especially for multiple cat households! I'll stick to my catsan!
Its not for everyone I suppose, Ive never had the problem of it not soaking the wees up though:(

Its not for everyone I suppose, Ive never had the problem of it not soaking the wees up though:(
So, I was in our local pet shop yesterday and I asked if they could order chick crumbs in. They said no problem but would I like to try them out first. They had 2kg bags in stock for all the locals who keep chickens in their gardens (love the suburbs! ;))

So I bought a bag to check it out. Have to say, it looks very similar to "world's best", and "cat's best" but a lot cheaper. I'll let you know how we get on. ;):)

xx

So, I was in our local pet shop yesterday and I asked if they could order chick crumbs in. They said no problem but would I like to try them out first. They had 2kg bags in stock for all the locals who keep chickens in their gardens (love the suburbs! ;))

So I bought a bag to check it out. Have to say, it looks very similar to "world's best", and "cat's best" but a lot cheaper. I'll let you know how we get on. ;):)

xx
that sounds really good ,that you get to try a bit before buying a bulk load , i would be interested in how it goes for you :)
julie x

xx
Have they used it yet? Mine have the odd nibble on it now and again:rolleyes:

Have they used it yet? Mine have the odd nibble on it now and again:rolleyes:
Started using them last night. Cleo had a sniff about and a bit of a nibble then decided they were sufficient enough for litter. :rolleyes: They soak up moisture beautifully and I can tell they're going to be really economical! Thanks for the advice Jen! :):):)

My only issue.... they really do smell very strongly of weetabix! I feel like I'm 12 again everytime I clean out the tray. Not a great smell, but hopfully the air-freshener will help! ;)

xx

Started using them last night. Cleo had a sniff about and a bit of a nibble then decided they were sufficient enough for litter. :rolleyes: They soak up moisture beautifully and I can tell they're going to be really economical! Thanks for the advice Jen! :):):)

My only issue.... they really do smell very strongly of weetabix! I feel like I'm 12 again everytime I clean out the tray. Not a great smell, but hopfully the air-freshener will help! ;)

xx
You get used to the weetabix smell lol, Id rather smell that than stale wee anyday ;):D

You can buy it really cheap from GJWTitmuss online,about £7 for 15 or even 20kg sack i think. I get my dog food from there and it is free delivery where i live.
My friend uses it as cat litter and says it is brilliant, i have yet to try it.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.