Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chew stopper that works!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by daisyboo, Aug 20, 2009.

1. daisyboo

daisyboo PetForums Member

Anyone know a chew stopper substance that actually works?

so far boo has taken a keen liking to my walls, door frames and skirting boards.

I have covered them in chew stopper spray from p@h but he actually likes the stuff and chews more after ive sprayed it.

as i live in a rented flat my landlord will not be too pleased to find is woodwork has been chewed to death. :(

2. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Not 100% if any of them work but i have been told to try lemon juice, vinegar or tabasco!

Ive tried vinegar and it works for about 5 mins lol!! x

3. daisyboo

daisyboo PetForums Member

ive tried lemon juice and vinegar he likes those as well!

at this rate i will have to replace the skirting boards when we move out, as well as the sofas covers :(

4. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

I have the same problem, and we are renting also! Our skirting boards are dark wood and we just bought some varnish/paint to cover up over it each time he chews them! That way the landlady cant really tell! :D

5. Hot chilli sauce is supposed to work - i dont know though havent tried it.

I use a water pistol if i catch one of the dogs chewing - harmless and works a treat!

6. frags

frags PetForums VIP

my old dog used to love the hot chilli sauce lol

7. Chrysler

Chrysler PetForums Member

I used a water pistol on my bun Lucky before, did not phase her one bit. lol
    Mind you there is not a lot that does phase the little girl. Got builders in at the moment, drilling and doing all sorts...and she would love to help them. :rolleyes:

8. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Do you think maybe if you bought flavoured wooden chews that I've seen then she'd lose interest in the furniture/skirting boards etc?

9. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Chew stopper worked wonders when I got normi but I ran out. I have been using tabasco since and he hasnt re-chewed any areas that I have put it on! x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice