Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chester -Please read..

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Tink82, May 9, 2010.

1. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

Well we have been trying to bond him with Rosie for a while and have had them in a rescue centre for over a week at a fair cost and they are not bonded..

They have been watched by 3 different bunny people at the rescue inc the manager, the overall verdict is that they are not bondable and Rosie started to bite back so it has the potential to turn very nasty.

Me and OH have had very long chats about it over the last few days and after many talks and lots of tears, have decided the best thing for everyone is to re-home Chester :crying: I'm mortified..

I want him to go to someone I know will give him all the attention and love he needs and to stay as a single house rabbit.. I'd also love him to go to someone who can stay in touch and let me know how he is getting along :( I know this may not be possible but thats why I'm asking here...

please don't ask for friends etc as if there is not a regular on here that can take him, my next step is facebook to see if any of my friends will take him on.. (rather it was one of you guys that are passionate about bunnies) the rescue have offered to take him back but I want to know who he will be with as I'm sure you can understand..

will leave it at that for now as I can't stop crying :(

2. BattleKat

BattleKat PetForums Senior

Good luck in finding him a home, I'm so sorry for you.

3. Sarah+Hammies

Sarah+Hammies PetForums VIP

Oh hun im so sorry its come to this :( I hope he finds a new home soon. xx

4. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

You know I would take the Hope lookalike but if he's a problem for bonding, then its not really possible is it :(
    Hope you find someone that you know.

*Heidi*

5. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry for you. x x x. I hope you find a good and loving home for Chester. x x x

6. frags

frags PetForums VIP

awww so sorry to hear this hun, you did your best and i know you will find him a fab home x

7. Tink82

Tink82 PetForums VIP

Thanks hun, I'm guessing not.. only ever tried with Rosie but I think it could just be him :(

8. shutterspeed

shutterspeed PetForums Senior

I had the same problem with Alice. After Arthur died, she did not accept another bun, so I had to re-home her.
    Good luck to you and hugs

9. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

:( heartbreaking i'm sure he would get on with a wife who puts him in his place, sorry i cant take him

10. Zippstar

Zippstar PetForums Member

oh hun, i just read this! poor Rosie and Chester! I know you have been discussing this with another forum member, but just wanted to say let us know how you get on.......i would offer myself but i dont have the facility for house bunnies with the two dogs as well. hope you can get it sorted and if not that he goes somewhere where you can still keep in touch. *hugs*

11. helebelina

helebelina PetForums Senior

I''m so sorry to hear that. Your heart must be breaking. :mad: If Rosie and Chester aren't bondable, could you find another husband for Rosie and a different wife for Chester? Then at least they'd both have company if you had to put one pair in another room. Yes, I know that adds up to 4 buns, but I thought it worth suggesting...:eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice