Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

checking out a training class

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, Oct 26, 2012.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

On Tuesday morning :D Quite excited, first training classes we've been to!

Its the other side of town, so 2 buses, but the club is a 15min walk from the dog park so we can go their as a reward after training ;) Ideally we'd go before, but classes start at 10am and the first bus that comes through the village is at 9am!

The trainer sounded lovely on the phone, and wants me and Kira to pop up there so we can see a class and so she can assess Kiz and see what level she's working at. The classes arent a set 8 week course but sorta 'come when you can and pay per lesson' which works well for us with my changable income!

Obviously when we go i'll be looking at the techniques used, i dont want her rolled or jabbed in the necks or anything. And I'll be making sure that Kiras comfortable with the trainer, and that they accept the limitations of the breed (which so far sounds positive, she seemed to understand when i mentioned that she doesnt go offlead).

Is there anything else i should be looking out for or asking?

We're aiming to do the bronze CGDS, and given the relaxed attendance thing we'll probably stay on and do more as we wont have to sign up to 8 weeks or anything :)

2. hawksport

hawksport Banned

As they don't do a set course you might want to ask how they arrange testing dates

#2 hawksport, Oct 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  3. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

She said she has an examiner come in a few times a year, we just missed the last one so would have to wait a few months but I dont mind, we could do multiple levels if we're ready in time :)

4. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

You can do two tests maximum on examination day.

5. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Sounds perfect :) if we're ready we'll do both, if not im not too fussed :) she can do everything except recall away from offlead dogs, to her offlead dogs = playtime, since she only gets to meet them at the dog park, usually people keep their dogs away assuming shes agressive because shes on a lead :(

6. Urbanhowl

Urbanhowl PetForums Member

That sounds great Sid. Could I ask where it is? Just, as you know, I live practically right next to the dog park and would love to have a dog training class so close!

7. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

IP3, just off landseer road :)

8. Urbanhowl

Urbanhowl PetForums Member

Ah great, I know, thanks! Might see you there with Kira sometime. ;) We can meet at the dog park too I'm sure. :)

9. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

I'll be at the park about 12/1pm tuesday :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice