Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Checking dogs temperature before birth

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by poppies, Feb 24, 2008.

1. poppies

poppies PetForums Newbie

poppy is 2 weeks away from having pups, we have just made her a whelping box that she is getting use to. I have read in other posts about taking her temperature in the last week does anyone no where I can get a temp gauge from thanks:)

2. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

You can get one from boots, superdrug, tesco, lots of places sell them.
    It doesnt have to be specifically made for dogs. I usually go for the digital type as they are more acurate.

3. nici

nici PetForums Senior

i had the old type one, never again will i get one of those, cleaning out the dog cupboard and it rolled out and smashed all over the place took me forever to clean the stuff up :mad: now i use digital much better :) local chemist i got mine only a couple of pounds

4. poppies

poppies PetForums Newbie

Thanks I will go to the chemist, have been looking in pet shops:eek:

5. DOTTYPOODLES

DOTTYPOODLES PetForums Newbie

hi, i'd just like to mention i bought a digital from boots it was a whole degree out which is ok as long as you know it is. i thought my dogs temp had dropped, good job i tried it in the other dog (who isn't pregnant) before i panicked.:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice