Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

check if your MP vote For or Against the repeal of the Hunting Act.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shamen, May 19, 2010.

1. Shamen

Shamen Guest

OUR NATIVE WILD ANIMALS ARE IN GRAVE DANGER
    It took animal–lovers 80 years and 700 hours of parliamentary debate to bring
    SAVE ME 2010 | How they stand - Is your MP/political candidate FOR or AGAINST a repeal of the Hunting Act?

the Hunting Act into force in 2004, by democratic process, in accordance with the will of at least 75% of the population. This law currently makes it illegal to hunt to the death with packs of dogs, not only foxes, but stags, hares, and other wild creatures in Britain’s countryside.

With the Conservative/LibDem government now in power, it is likely that there will soon be an attempt to bring in a bill to REPEAL the Hunting Act. Repeal would mean that currently banned blood sports – fox-hunting, stag hunting, hare coursing, etc – would again become legal.

Since the current set of newly elected MP's includes many who are linked to the Hunts and the Countryside Alliance, it is quite possible that the bill will succeed, destroying the protective Act. This would be a tragedy for our native wild animals, and a huge step backwards into barbarity. Do you know how YOUR MP will vote ?

Be aware of this situation, tell everyone you know, and make sure your MP knows that you expect him/her to vote to KEEP THE HUNTING ACT IN PLACE, and work to make it more effective.

As a quick initial step, visit the League Against Cruel Sports - Home website right now, and use their excellent system to send an email to your MP. It only takes a few moments... League Against Cruel Sports - Home

#1 Shamen, May 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2010
  2. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

My MP hasn't replied apparently:rolleyes:

3. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

neither has mine :thumbdown:

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Neither has mine but that is nothing new. She didn't care about the digital economy bill either :mad:

5. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Surprise surprise why mine hasn't replied he is for it! He preaches all day bloody every day about it. Could barely string a coherent sentence together in the emails he sent me...

6. Shamen

Shamen Guest

my MP will vote Against, but if you dont know how yours will vote or they are voting For please read below...............

Be aware of this situation, tell everyone you know, and make sure your MP knows that you expect him/her to vote to KEEP THE HUNTING ACT IN PLACE, and work to make it more effective.

As a quick initial step, visit the League Against Cruel Sports - Home website right now, and use their excellent system to send an email to your MP. It only takes a few moments

7. dottylotty

dottylotty PetForums Member

mines against, thats not hard really as she isn't conservative:)

8. kaz_f

kaz_f PetForums VIP

Thanks this is really handy though I could guess how mine's gonna flippin vote! The seat I'm in was a conservative gain...

9. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Yoo hoo

God bless Mr Hemming !!!

10. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

So if they dont reply - do we take it they are giving a silent nod??

Not really a difficult question hey?

11. Shamen

Shamen Guest

dont forget you can email your MP via LAGCS League Against Cruel Sports - Home :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice