UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Cheaper alternative for Vitamins!

1K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Cookieandme 
#1 ·
I was shocked to find out how much it cost to have vitamin injections for Nutz and Bolt.

Is there a cheaper alternative way by buying supplements instead and which ones!:glare:

#10 ·
As well as this site, there is a site called fabcats which has a lot of information for owners, and you might find it helpful. It can be difficult to find what you are looking for here until you know what subject you want but if you work through the FAB information sheets you will pick up all sorts of information.

HTH

#11 ·
Do you have a vaccination record card for them, I think we were just wondering why you are looking at vitamin injections.
We weren't given anything as the woman didn't make sense!!!!!!!!

One minute she was saying that her son was allergic to the cats and then the next she mentioned her grandson who was also allergic!

The kittens were housed in a bathroom with no form of sanitation and she had a dog barking away when I got there.

I will have a look at the fabcats website later on today!

#12 ·
Are you thinking of Vaccinations rather than vitamin injections?
Ideally a kitten would have an initial set of jabs at 9 and 12 weeks, followed up by a 'booster' one year later, but if these cats were not being well cared for then they probably did not have that.
Normally the vet would discuss this issue with you when they went in for a check over or neutering.....or were they neutered when they came to you?
You could try and contact the previous owner to get the name of the vet she used and check their records that way.
If you have not registered them with your own vet yet, then I would do that now and ask for them to be given the initial course of vaccines from scratch.

#14 ·
If you mean vaccinations.. I'm not sure how much they are where you are but here they are £27.98 each they need two and are several weeks apart so don't work out that expensive IMO.

When I got Romeos vaccination done the vet checked him all over , weighed and wormed for £3. The 2nd vaccination I got him to check him over again and weighed. So really I got 2 consultations and the 2 vacs for £60 spread over 4/6 weeks... That's really not a lot of money :-/

#15 ·
Are you thinking of Vaccinations rather than vitamin injections?
Ideally a kitten would have an initial set of jabs at 9 and 12 weeks, followed up by a 'booster' one year later, but if these cats were not being well cared for then they probably did not have that.
Normally the vet would discuss this issue with you when they went in for a check over or neutering.....or were they neutered when they came to you?
You could try and contact the previous owner to get the name of the vet she used and check their records that way.
If you have not registered them with your own vet yet, then I would do that now and ask for them to be given the initial course of vaccines from scratch.
We lost the telephone number of the previous owner! Nutz and Bolt were registered at the vets last Monday and they were neutered this Monday. They will be having their check up 2moro so it might be a good option to have a word with the vet then.

P.S. They didn't have real names either. The woman just called them Kitty which makes you think was she handed them by someone to look after and had no idea how to look them??????????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.