UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my first thread :) I was wondering if anyone knew of a cheap tracking/locating device for a cat. I'm having trouble with a neighbour who keeps letting my cat into his/her house but proving who it is, is a problem. Basically locating it to a few feet, whether it's gps or some other locating signal.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
A friend of mine has a car hire business and he's found a system that utilises old mobile phones, I'll try and get the info from him tomorrow and let you know, He's using it in his hire vehicles quite succesfully.

G

·
Pocketfinder sells a gps pet collar for 150 dollars but im sure you could buy the component pieces much much cheaper. Maybe go have a look at it then shop around abit then find a whiz kid to make it as small as possible. Mobile was my first thought and think they only have a gps reciever built in. Although phone signals can be tracked so maybe look into that to

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@nightkitten, they are cheap, have you or anyone used these before? My only concern is that I wont receive a signal from inside a house or which ever side who is. Where GPS is concerned, how accurate could it be within metres.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.