Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chasing feet

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by NelsonsStaff, Jun 28, 2010.

1. NelsonsStaff

NelsonsStaff PetForums Junior

My new kitten who is just 9 weeks old seems to have a foot fetish in that he chases feet, makes getting socks and shoes on difficult. He has almost had me arse of tit a couple of times when walking around the house.

is there anyway I can gradually train this out of him? I know it is only trying to play, but he could end up being hurt in the process which is the last thing we want.

on another note he has the start of his vaccinations tommrro :scared:

2. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Good luck with that one .My ragdoll kitten is 19wks old and still at it.I get dressed out of his reach and tend to shuffle rather than walk,less likelyhood of squishing kitten and going for an unexpected "trip"Its not a great look but it beats falling flat on your face.

3. kota

kota PetForums Member

The best thing is to take one more kitten to your house. :)
    When our old cat was a kitten, we had the same problem, and his children never did that because they played to each other and didn't touch people.:thumbup:

4. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

I think it's just a kitten thing! one of mine use to do this and he was an, only cat.
    Then when he went to rainbow bridge we had 2 kittens ( now aged 16:)) and they never did this as they played with each other. We did get our feet attacked in bed every morning:D
    One thing i would mention is any friends and family that call round i would insist that they remove their shoes.

5. Tobacat

Tobacat PetForums Senior

I really think it's a kitten thing and if you can be patient he will grow out of it. One of mine used to climb up all the curtains, bringing the curtain and rail in our bedroom down four times with him. Both of them used to tip the bins over and empty the contents as well.

6. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

Gizzy used to do this when we got her at 18months

she only stopped when we got Billy and now she chases him instead

7. NelsonsStaff

NelsonsStaff PetForums Junior

however tempting getting another kitten isn't an option because of budget but i am glad it isn't just him and that it is just a 'kitten thing'. He certinally likes to have his 'mad moments' though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice