Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Charlie's not my friend:(

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by rebenda, Jul 26, 2009.

1. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

Helooo

ive been on hol for a week so i took charlie and my senagal to a boarding place getting quite popluar and had some good reviews so after looking round decided to take him there for his hol...

well fast forward to today picked him up he didnt want to go in his carrier(he normally just hops in and lies down) so she popped him in for me..

got him home and out on my knee gave him a brush and cuddles and he didnt really seen too impressed with me not licking or showing any affection:( so i let him have a run around in his run then popped him in his cage to get settled back in, went to have a check on him and give him a stroke couple of hours late and he just ran away from me (he norm runs straight up gettin all excited:(

its either he really enjoyed himself and didnt want to come home or isnt impressed i left him there, i trust the woman and hes looking healthy and everything theyv been well looked after and handled alot shes fallen in love with them, hes just not impressed with me at all....just have let him get back used to me:(

Anyone else experienced this with theirs? how long it take for them to come round?

tar
    beckyx

2. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

never had a bun fall out with me but my old bearded collie wouldnt talk to anyone for a few days after we had been away. im sure hes just giving you the silent treatment and will perk up in a day or two, try giving him a nice treat to win him round.

3. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

yep might tempt him with a bit of treat see how long itl take to win him round lol

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

awww i'm sure hes just being in a mood with u, he'll come around

5. mimi g

mimi g PetForums VIP

Spoil the pants off him im sure he will come round!xx

6. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

hes had a few treats and a good brush with lots of attention today and he seems to be my friend again licking etc hehe want to start looking for a frend for him

7. mizz_caitlin_stewart

mizz_caitlin_stewart PetForums Newbie

is this the first time you put him in this holiday boarding place? maybe you should just give him a treat or just leave him. He'l get over it.

8. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

My rabbits tend to fall out with me when I go away. I have someone who comes to the house to look after them but even then there's a few days when they don't 'speak to me' after I'm back they also seem to go on a dirty protest and chuck things everywhere and generally trash the room for when I get back! lol

9. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

lol yea its first time boarding since i got him but he was dumped at my work so i dont know what has happend to him before hes quite a laid back rabbit - well ive not come across a more laid back animal lol but he seems to be perking up when i gave him some treats.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice