Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Charlies date - Photos of a "normal" walk!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Pupcakes, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Pupcakes

Pupcakes Lady of The Terrors.

Hey everyone!

Today myself and my friend met up and we drove to a place Warleigh Weir (always heard of it but never been). The route to walk kind of goes around in a circle and as we were the only people there, Charlie got to run free off lead.

Well bar when we were passing the cows! It was great because all I had to do was look behind me to see if anyone was coming and put him back on lead, he kept checking in anyway. He and Izzy had a great afternoon together and they are both POOPED out. I am too!

Excuse the poor photo quality, took the snaps on my phone!

xxx

Waiting for Beckie and Izzy

[​IMG]

Getting stuck in!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had enough of that side!

[​IMG]

Charlie debating another dip in the water...
    [​IMG]

Off he goes!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coming back like a good lad!

[​IMG]

Oh...and who are you? I'm on a lead and its your fault!
    [​IMG]

Down the drop! I was too scared to go down at first!
    [​IMG]

Like Peter Andre in a music video!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feeling sorry for himself!

[​IMG]

Izzy and Charlie

[​IMG]

On top the waterfall now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..and what are YOU?!
    [​IMG]

Back at the car, just resting for 5

[​IMG]

We then drove to a nearby pub. They were both very good and just sat there waiting for food. We kept them by us and out of every ones way. One couple walked past and their dog was barking at ours, the man holding the lead gave us a filthy look when ours huffed, HUFFED may I add, back, not even a bark!

We also got our 2 right in close (I mean they were under the table already so REALLY close) and kept them distracted and focused as a lady walked past with 2 dogs on lead and she just walked right up to us and let her Springer come on over, luckily, both were fine and werent bothered, but she could see we were trying to keep them focused on us so they wouldnt bother her, but hey ho! And I dont know why she shot us a filthy look too?!:yikes:

Beckie apologised, where as I was thinking "What?! Ours are just sat here being quiet, you let your dog bark at ours then shoot us daggers when ours HUFF back! Not even Charlie barked!" Cheeky sod!

[​IMG]

They wanted some of this!

[​IMG]

Dont forget us...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the canal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going home :)

[​IMG]

We seen 2 whippets running with their owners, the lady on a bike, the man jogging. On the way back, one ran over to Charlie on his flexi, he just fell flat into a down, it looked like chase would ensue, but the dog run off and Charlie wasnt bothered by them.

So overall a great walk and they were both very well behaved, Charlie looked like he wanted to huff at a couple stroking Izzy, to be fair they were stood right over him, but I stuffed him full of treats and he was fine!

Me and Beckie are going to take the 2 crazies next week, Dottie and Maizee, so I dont think it will be as peaceful!

Thanks for looking!

xxx

Dogless likes this.
  2. Tacey

Tacey PetForums Senior

Awww, looks like you had a great time! :)

3. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

A lovely outing topped off with a pub lunch - heaven :D It looks like a lovely place to walk to, you are lucky!

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Looks like being "normal" is fun!

5. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Looks like a lovely walk :D Nice pics too :)
    Izzy is cute, what is she?

6. sharloid

sharloid PetForums VIP

I like that they're the same colours. Little and large! Looks like great fun. :)

7. Lauren5159

Lauren5159 Lover of Terriers, loser of the plot.

Aww, looks like a great walk :)

I bet he was pooped afterwards... for five minutes lol.

I'm so glad all went smoothly and Charlie was a star :)

We need pictures of the crazies' walk too... That will be fun lol... Would you have them any other way? :D

... Don't answer that :laugh:

8. Pupcakes

Pupcakes Lady of The Terrors.

Thank you! Izzy is a Mastiff X Basset Hound. An accidental mating that should have never happened, the mother died having the puppies (she was the Basset Hound) :(. Beckie used to walk Izzy for a couple and she ended up taking her on as she had her so much of the time, she is like a massive puppy! Same age as Charlie :)

Haha! Its mad isnt it! When we have all 4 out, they are all the same 4 colours! :lol:

He was wiped out...like you say for about 5 minutes until he got Dotties treat toys I had left for her!
    I shall add photos of the other walks theyve had! I got 2 loads to add from summer!...I cant imagine them being quiet and calm! It would be weird! :D

We went out for a walk when I got in from work, at first I was going to go on my own back to work, then Jade said she'd come along too with her bf, so we all got into the car and went to the big field where we play football, as we walk up, we see there is a horse show on in the field! So obviously a no go with loose horses all about. We uuum and aaaaarr then I suggested Warleigh Weir again and Chris said it was literally at the bottom of the road we were currently on. Sure enough 5 minutes later, I'm parking up down the narrow little road and we're walking down towards where me and Beckie went yesterday.

Chris had Charlie the easier dog and I had Dottie so we could break up if a dog came up close. We walked down the winding little road, crossed the train track and got to the weir again, people were in the popular bit (the swimming area) so we walked left away from them and I looked around to see if anyone was there (bar the cows at the other side of the field) it looked all clear and....

I let them both off lead!

The bolted straight down the slope and got engulfed in mud and ran in the shallow water. We then got to the areas where we could walk up close to the water and I chucked a stick out for Dottie and she swam right out and got it several times. Charlie paddled, we played football, we then went to the other low bank and I chucked the stick again and Charlie kept going for it too, so they were both on a stick, swimming back and forth, well Charlie kept nicking it mid swim!

At one point they were on the stick facing each other and trying to get the stick and were going round in circles and Charlie was pushing Dotties head under! They looked so funny, we were all laughing! They then ate some cow crap, rolled in it, then I leaded them up as the cows come over and let them off when we walked past. They charged ahead and come back, they played fetch with a stick and were very good.

I recalled them, even when they first went offlead and both of them came back, granted Dottie ran off again once she checked in with me, but they were both recalling in a new environment with cows in sight and new smells and sights all around. THERE IS HOPE!

It was a beautiful, warm afternoon and it was just perfect. It got busier as we were leaving, but as most people want to swim in the weir and it has one small entrance to access the water, people stay down that end. Even on a sunday afternoon on a bank holiday we still had loads of off lead space so I think I've found another new "safe" off lead place for them to play!

I will take photos next time, I just wasnt expecting to end up there!

Thanks for all your replies :)

xxx

9. tattoogirl73

tattoogirl73 PetForums VIP

great photos. looks like everyone enjoyed the walk. looking forward to seeing the pictures from dotties walk too :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice