Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Charlie is finally eating - Thank you Hi-Life!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by kidsandcats, Aug 14, 2009.

1. kidsandcats

kidsandcats PetForums Member

Hi

As some of you may know one of the kittens we are getting at the end of the month (Charlie) hadn't started eating cat food yet (they are now 7 weeks now). His sister Lola has been for about a week now along with the other two in the litter. The breeder fed them while I was round there last and he completely backed away from the bowl as if the smell really offended him. Apparently he ate some real chicken and some ham but was totally not interested in the Felix pouches they are using.

I rang her today to ask if she would like to try Hi-Life that I have bought in ready for when I pick them up (we are going on hols Sunday and picking them up the day after we get back). I said that I didn't want to appear as though I was interefering but said that as Hi-Life has a 60% meat content over 4% that felix has, it might appeal to his sense of smell better and that I was happy to supply the box if he liked it.

I went round there at tea time and she let me feed Charlie and Lola together. I tore the top off the pouch and he tried to get at it while still in the packet!He started to eat it as I was still putting in their bowl!!! He couldn't get enough of it and they ate the whole pouch together.

The breeder said she is really relieved as it was starting to worry them and the Vet said that he was slightly under weight when she had the vet checked this week. So now that I know he likes that I feel much better knowing that he will be eating now while I am on holiday - thanks to Hi-Life!

Sharon
    x

2. Midnight

Midnight PetForums VIP

Good on ya Charlie ! :thumbup: Your breeder sounds cool Sharon she sounds very informative :thumbup1: x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice